cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Re: Fibre 1 downgraded?

Hi

I have similar issue.

My broadband has been working perfectly for many years, yet today I notice my current package shows as 50Mb download speed with 41Mb guaranteed, whereas previously it was 74Mb Download speed with guaranteed 60Mb. 

My speed test indicates, indeed I have been downgraded to a 41Mb exactly.

I have made no changes so this must have been done centrally without informing me.  Sounds like they have done same to other customers too.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Nobody has done anything to anybody, what would be the point. Strange as it might seem lines go faulty.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

I have moved you onto your own thread so that you can get answers to your problem and avoid confusion with the OP's answers of the thread that you posted on.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal. Provided you don't have digital voice

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problemf

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 12

I'm router currently shows

This is a list of your Hub settings and current statistics.
Product code:Hub

Serial number:+091299+1841001896

Firmware version:v0.39.01.04077-BT

Firmware updated:Thu Jun 22 02:21:20 2023

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.77 20_05_2022

DSL uptime:0 days,19 Hours32 Mins21 Secs

Data rate:13.205 Mbps / 45.836 Mbps

Maximum data rate:12.268 Mbps / 43.149 Mbps

Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode:Off

Noise margin:5.2 / 5.2

Line attenuation:24.4 / 28.7

Signal attenuation:24.1 / 31.6

VLAN id:101

Upstream error control:Off

Downstream error control:Off

Data sent / received:43.1 MB Uploaded / 3.5 GB Downloaded

Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Public Wi-fi status:Activated

2.4 GHz wireless network name:BT-J8A37H

2.4 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel1)

5 GHz wireless network name:BT-J8A37H

5 GHz wireless channel:Channel: 48

Wireless security:WPA2

Wireless mode:Mode 1

Firewall:On

MAC address:44:FE:3B:13:27:CF

Software variant:-

Boot loader:0.1.7-BT (Thu Nov 30 09:45:22 2017)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

On below site

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

when entering landline phone number it says:

There is no data available for this number. This could either be as it is a new BT line, or it is a new BT number which has just been provided.

Really weird as I have not changed anything for years (and yes I did check I was entering correct number several times)

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Hi @Neeps, although you've mentioned that you've not changed anything in years can you just confirm that you've not been moved over to Digital Voice for your telephone service as that could explain this message.

Cheers

John

Message 8 of 12

your stats show your actual connection speed is slightly better than your attainable speed!

have you tried using the test socket which is behind the master faceplate - you will need to use a filter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 12

Appreciate people proving useful advice here, apologies I started off as a bit of a moan👍

Re Digital Voice - I did get an email notification sometime in 2021 that I'd been moved over.

On the test socket piece, I'm a bit worried that disconnecting/reconnecting will make the situation worse, so will try after work.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

as now on DV you can use your address in dslchecker and post results