cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 27

Re: Returning to BT from Sky - why are my connection speeds now limited?

Go to solution

As can be seen from your router statistics your max attainable rate is around 76Mb  , so on an 80Mb profile and without any ‘faults’ on the line , allowing for overheads etc , around 70Mb should be achievable, as stated already , it’s pretty clear your line has been provided as Fibre 1 ( 55Mb ) irrespective of what the BT guides are saying ( that you are already on F2 and the speed is what it is ) ….there have been occasions on here where the BT Mod has intervened and got the correct profile applied, if the Mod  offers to take a look , accept the offer 

Message 22 of 27

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe as already stated, the line has clearly been misprovisioned as fibre1 rather than fibre2 as can be clearly seen from the noise margins.

@Haggini I will flag this to the mods, they will post on the thread requesting your details via pm

Message 23 of 27

Go to solution

Thank you for all your replies and advice, really appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution

Its odd that Sky have now downgraded the estimate.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution

Irrelevant, look at the router stats.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

Hi @Haggini

Thank you for your post and welcome back!

I am so sorry for the problems with your broadband speed.  It's clear from what you've posted that although your package shows Fibre 2 - you've actually been provisioned on Fibre 1 speeds.  It's an easy fix though so I've sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 27 of 27

Go to solution

Thanks everyone for your help - here are my stats from this morning after mod intervention. Far more healthy.

IMG_3050.png