cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Scam broadband renewal email

Go to solution

I have just renewed my Broadband with BT. I was prompted by an email May 18 ,that the ebay phone rep says was a scam.The email had all my details,so I phoned BT. If it was a scam it is the most convincing I have ever had. The email advise that my new contract would be £60.99 up by about a third, it had <bt@updates.bt.com> address. I always ignore emails and contact companies directly,just as well! This one is worth watching for an exact clone of a BT message

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Scam broadband renewal email

Go to solution

@keyingwrote:

I have just renewed my Broadband with BT. I was prompted by an email May 18 ,that the ebay phone rep says was a scam.The email had all my details,so I phoned BT. If it was a scam it is the most convincing I have ever had. The email advise that my new contract would be £60.99 up by about a third, it had <bt@updates.bt.com> address. I always ignore emails and contact companies directly,just as well! This one is worth watching for an exact clone of a BT message

Ebay phone rep? What on earth has eBay to do with BT?

In future, applies to almost everyone, should you receive any offers for whatever at BT, always log-on to your MyBT to see whether the same offer or others are available there to you. 

If you still have the email, you should forward to :

phishing@bt.com

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @keying welcome back to the community and thanks for posting. Was it a BT employee who advised it was a scam email?

If you have any concerns I'd recommend following @Carlusha's advice and forward the email to phishing@bt.com

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Sorry was BT rep my mistake have renewed with BT all things considered
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

If ever you receive something like this then ignore all links in the text/email and contact the company directly using the info from sites such as this.

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings