cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Slow speed

1. Please advise, I have full fibre 500 halo three and did a speed check today with the following results 411 mbs download on my mobile, and 95 mbs on the computer. I hadn’t realised the speeds had reduced I , found out when neighbour asked about the upgrade. I will be talking to BT but question whether a computer issue could be the reason for the difference with the speeds on the two devices.
  2. thanks
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Slow speed

The speeds quoted by BT are connection speeds to your router not download speeds to your devices any test need to be done with ethernet connection not WiFi which is to susceptible to interference

Try using fast.com using ethernet connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks

My computer is connected to the router via ethernet and giving me around 95mbs (using Fast.com)

My ipad gives 170 and iphone 400+mbs  WiFi

Can BT do a speed check to my router to give me the speed at the router before any losses after the router?

regards

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@paul-c 

You can do it from the my BT app yourself too, it is available for the IPhone/Ipad.

https://www.bt.com/about-my-bt-app

Once logged in on the app click the 3 dots on the bottom and then "test my speed". It will then run a speed check to your router.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Have you accidently plugged the ethernet into a 100mbit port? You need to use the 1Gbit port. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I think my router, smart hub 2, has all four ports 1gig if i'm correct

0 Ratings