cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Slow upload speed, (900mbs FTTP package)

Go to solution

Hi

I have recently had full fibre installed on 15 May 2023.

the download speeds are good, but upload speeds seem to be capped at 20mb.

I have tried resetting the smart hub 2 back to factory default as suggested in other posts, but there is no improvement in upload speeds.

The BT Speed test on the app has stopped working for me now as well.

anything else I could try?

thanks in advance 

Shaun

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Slow upload speed, (900mbs FTTP package)

Go to solution

just leave the connection and after a stable connection of 3/4 days the up speed should correct itself - many post like yours on forum.  however if no improvement after 3 days stable connection post back and can see if mods can help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @shaunc74, please follow the advice from @imjolly and the hub should update automatically and lift the upload. If it hasn't after 3 days come back and we'll be happy to step in and help you.

Cheers

John

Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks @JohnC2  @imjolly for the advice.  I will check the speed after 3 days and fingers crossed the upload speed will improve.

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 

my smart Hub 2 has been up for over 4 days now, but the upload speed is still stuck on 20mb. It never changes if I do a speed test.

Is there anything you can do to help.

thanks

Shaun

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

I'm quite sure either @JohnC2 or another mod will get back to you.

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @shaunc74,

Thank you for posting back. I'm sorry if the upload speed hasn't increased. If you send me your details, I'll be able to run a few checks.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @shaunc74 Thanks for sending over your details, I called there but missed you. I've applied the upload fix to your hub and the speed test result is now reading 110Mb on the upload. 

Thanks

Neil 

Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO 

Thanks for calling me back, sorry I missed your call.  The upload speed is Ok now.

Brilliant service from you, thanks for getting it sorted.

Cheers

Shaun

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@shaunc74 No problem at all, you know where we are if you need any help in the future.

Neil

0 Ratings