cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Smart hub issues

Evening All,

Need some advice on my broadband/contract as I have had enough. 

I had to call the BT help desk on Friday last week as my hub had stopped transmitting wifi. They did a test and advised that the WiFi card had failed so they ordered a new smart hub for me which they said would arrive on Tuesday this week. It didn't arrive until yesterday as they sent it with a 48hr Royal mail service instead of 24hr. 
I've received the new hub today and plugged it in and all I have now is a flashing purple light and no broadband or WiFi.

Could someone point me in the right direction of what to do and if I have a right to cancel my contract as this is now the second hub with a fault. Any help would be appreciated please. 

Dom. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Smart hub issues

Which model of hub do you now have? Is it the BT Smarthub or Smarthub 2

What type of broadband do you have, is it Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) or Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

It's a smart hub 2 and an FTTC connection. 

I've tried it in the test socket as well and just get a purple flashing light. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Do you still have the "old" Smarthub that was connecting albeit with no wifi and is so have you tried reconnecting that to see if it reconnects to the Internet. If it does it would appear that the new hub is faulty and if it does not it would indicate a fault else where.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Hi @dombullion and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having a few problems there. As @gg30340 has pointed out there are a couple of options here. Either there is a wider fault or you've received a 'duff' replacement. Can you try GG's advice and let us know if there is a connection. I've dropped you a private message in case you need to get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Hi @DavidM  i've spoken to the helpdesk and they have booked me a tech expert tomorrow but I don't think they will be able to fix the issue as the original hub was working fine albeit with no WiFI but I had broadband through a cable but the replacement has no broadband connection at all.

I'll drop you over a PM

Dom. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Thanks for getting back @dombullion . Lets see how the tech expert visit goes. Let me know if it sorts the problem.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

As you can read on other threads, others including myself have issues with wireless clients dropping out when using the SH2. Firmware updates seem to be main suspect and is the reason why I haven’t logged a fault. A replacement isn’t going to help when it gets updated.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

@spile wrote:

As you can read on other threads, others including myself have issues with wireless clients dropping out when using the SH2. Firmware updates seem to be main suspect and is the reason why I haven’t logged a fault. A replacement isn’t going to help when it gets updated.

A flashing purple light indicates that the hub is not connecting to the Internet not just a wireless problem.

Message 10 of 12

A flashing purple light indicates that the hub is not connecting to the Internet not just a wireless problem.

I was referring to the OP’s original SH2 which referred to wireless issues.

0 Ratings