cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Upgraded from FTTP 500 to FTTP 900 and upload speed is capped

Go to solution

Hi,

I upgraded to FTTP 900 (which kicked in on tue morning) and the download speeds look fine (amazing!), however the upload speed appears to be capped at around 60mbps 😞 I've read numerous threads that say it'll sort itself eventually but 3 days in it's still showing this:

laurencemarr_0-1664523827062.png

SoGUMiuS.jpg

As per other posts I've left the Smart Hub 2 connected, though eventually I intend to plug my Ubiquiti USG3 back in that I was using for the FTTP 500 service. I should note too that even using the USG3 the FTTP 900 upload speed is still capped at around 60.

Is there anything else I can do my end or is it something BT have to 'fix'?

cheers,
Laurence

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upgraded from FTTP 500 to FTTP 900 and upload speed is capped

Go to solution

Hey @laurencemarr,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I was chatting with Tasha earlier, about this. It's in hand now and as soon as she gets an update, she will get back to you again.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

thanks very much @DanielS, I was just coming back to this post to say Twitter support were very helpful and have raised a request to get it sorted. I'm assuming that was Tasha 🙂

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

My internet went down for a few minutes, so I figured the guys were doing something to sort it and low and behold after I ran the built-in speed test and getting the following 👏

zUxJaVgo.jpg

I'll try the USG3 shortly here and continue to monitor but it looks like it's been fixed 🙂 i've PMd the Twitter guys as well to let them know

I'd be keen (and probably others too) to understand what was changed, a profile setting on the backend or something on the smart hub 2 itself? If the later, hopefully my 3rd party router will still show similar speeds to that above 🤞

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

AND the USG3 is working fine now too so must have been a backend thing, so pleased it's all resolved 🙂

laurencemarr_0-1664544684599.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hey @laurencemarr

Many thanks for posting back to let us know your upload speed looks good now.  I am really pleased to see that 😊

I have marked your post as the solution for you too.

Have a nice weekend!

All the best,

Robbie