cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Very slow internet

My internet connection is regularly so slow I have to give up browsing.

When I check the broadband speed BT say it is 28-30 mbps yet ookla say it is <2 mbps . 

What could be wrong? (Wifi seems fine)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Very slow internet

Hi, @eyore26 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your broadband speed.

Can you post your Home Hub router stats and we'll take a look? You'll get them by entering 192.168.1.254 in your browser, if you have a home hub 5 please go to troubleshooting then helpdesk, if it's a Smart Hub go to advanced settings then technical log information.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi Neil

Info as requested

HELPDESK_INFO.jpg

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

your stats look ok with connection speed virtually at attainable speed and only think is connection time only 15hrs

can you  try entering phone number and post results  must be done using ethernet connection

https://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Speedtest currently shows 32ms 35.3 mbps and 5.6mbps, but as mentioned in my initial post, the BT speedtest always looks OK  but the perceived speed varies enormously, which is what I struggle to understand. 

0 Ratings