cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

can I get FTTC

I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

We have recently moved into a property and took out a BT standard broadband package. I was told by the agent that I would most likely be able to upgrade to fibre when the line was up and running as it's a full fibre area. This has turned out to not be the case. We are running at DL speeds of 8mbps and upload speeds of up to 1...

I have noticed that our direct neighbours and the majority of other homes on the street are able to access a mixture of full fibre and much faster speeds as a result of being connected to the cabinet. As we work from home, obviously this isn't ideal. I'm wondering if there is anything we can do?

Does anyone have any advice/help? Is it possible to get connected to the cabinet? I have attached results from the wholesale checker. 

Thanks!

Screenshot_1.jpg

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: can I get FTTC

If you are connected direct to the exchange and not a cabinet then you will not get FTTC nor can your line be moved to the cabinet.  You now just need to wait until FTTP is available in your area

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

FTTP doesn't come from the cabinet. The checker indicates FTTP not available and the exchange not an FTTP priority.

Are you sure the neighbours are getting FTTP from Openreach and not an AltNet?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I see many thanks.

Fibre is available for one of the next door neighbours when you stick it into a postcode checker and on Openreach. It is not for ourselves and three of the houses to our left. Could it be that our area will never get FTTP due to location (we are in the centre of Glasgow so does seem strange).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

post code checks are unreliable and really needs to be phone number or address

is there a cabinet shown onthe top of the dslchecker results  if none then you are connected to exchange

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hello,

yeah this is with address results. I do also have a phone number.

There's no cabinet at the top no, however our direct neighbours are connected to the cabinet when you have a look at their results. Are we just in the unfortunate position of being in the cut off? Just frustrating as we are within touching distance.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

You could try and see whether you can get a USO connection.  If you Google Universal Services Obligation it will take you to the  website (BT administer the scheme) where you can apply.  If eligible they will indicate expected speed and likely solution but it may take a while before it gets implemented.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Its not a problem of a cutoff point but that you are on an exchange only line. Openreach will not go to the expense of re-routing your line from the exchange to a cabinet.

0 Ratings