cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 49

Re: much slower quoted speed than neighbours - cabinet full ?

Go to solution

Nothing  I have said ( or posted ) is a negative as far as getting FTTC , in fact it’s the exact opposite , you pointed out something as you would expect, (SoGEA availability) , it doesn’t mean FTTC isn’t available, it means that PSTN  telephony isn’t available, FTTC  broadband is , telephony via Digital Voice is , the only ‘hope’ that’s been dashed is hoping to be connected to PSTN telephony , and that’s got nothing to do with FTTC availability 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 49

Go to solution

No, @iniltous  reply doesn't make sense to me.

A port in the cabinet is required whether you want broadband with or without telephony capability.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 49

Go to solution

And , according to the OP , FTTC port is now available as SoGEA , the OP initially stated that it was waiting list for this but is now available 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 49

Go to solution

Ok, see what you are saying now.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 49

Go to solution

Little update.

Out BT line has gone live & we are getting very slow speeds.  I raised a query with openreach prior to activation who hinted previous residents had ADSL not vdsl, and that we would get higher speeds. But reality is we are not. 

Bt website shows higher stayfast speeds for pretty much all other addresses on street so I'm not sure what's going on.

We have an openreach engineer booked for tomorrow so I'm hopeful they can do something to help.

Dsl checker still shows unavailable for fttc availability, and occasionally shows available for sogea (but other times says waiting list)

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 49

Go to solution

Can you post a screenshot of your router stats please?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 49

Go to solution

How exactly did you raise anything with Openreach, you speak with your ISP , not your ISP’s supplier.
Post your router stats , if you are getting lower speeds than expected ( but what would be expected if you were on ADSL/ADSL2 rather than VDSL/FTTC ) then either you have been provided with ADSL , because that’s what you ordered or as a temporary measure until FTTC is available, or you have somehow inexplicably synced with a previously connected ADSL service, but that will disappear once your VDSL service is provided.
Post your router advanced connection statistics so that it can be seen ( rather than speculate ) about your current connection 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 49

Go to solution

I raised a query on openreach website, and they emailed and called me the existing line was  ADSL but our transfer order was vdsl/sogea.

The query was raised prior to new service going live, and they confirmed that the home move order was for sogea and current/closing line was ADSL. They did then say future enquiries are to go via BT. 

I did get an email from BT when the new service went live. Could it be they have just taken over an existing ADSL line? Have posted photo of router stat, which appears to show VDSL. 

hoping the engineer tomorrow can solve the mystery. 

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 49

Go to solution

1000014233.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 49

Go to solution

can you post full stats from advanced settings then technical log information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.