cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

smart hub 2

Just got upgraded to fibre & digital phone. The Smart Hub 2 they sent me had no lead(s) in it and the only instructions are on the box and are of limited use.

It is working but seems no faster than my previous version and I'm using the lead I used with my BTHub5 (yellow ends - marked 5E). Notes say to use the RED ended leads (which should have come in the box, according to the engineer).

I'd have thought any 5E lead would do but is this a possible reason for the limited speed I seem to be getting.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: smart hub 2

There is no reason why changing a router will improve performance, as far as ‘red’ leads , for a while , to make FTTP idiot proof they supplied an regular Ethernet cable with red ends and the port to plug it into was also red on the router ….that isn’t necessary anymore, the colour is irrelevant.

If you have been migrated to DV ( or are about to be ) so need a SH2 router instead of whatever router you had ( because it doesn’t the old one doesn’t have a phone port ) the original mains lead can be reused  with the SH2 , basically its a simply replacement , unplug the old router , connect the new in the same place using  the same cables 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: smart hub 2

What exactly have you upgraded from and to? The leads are not the problem.

0 Ratings