cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Contacting BT

Go to solution

Is there an email address where I can contact for support?  I can’t talk on the phone and as I’m visually impaired live chat is no good.  My iPhone 7+ hasn’t worked properly since I connected it to BT mobile. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Contacting BT

Go to solution

Hi @Myst,

Thank you for posting. If you can't speak to BT over the phone you can use Next Generation Text service to contact BT.

You can find out more here - Next Generation Text 

Unfortunately, there isn't an email address for the mobile team.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Ok.  For a communication company your methods of communicating are very limited.  
I really wished I had stayed where I was.  What are the penalties for leaving a contract 12 months early because I really think I’m prepared to pay them to leave. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Myst and thanks for getting back.

I'm sorry you're phone hasn't worked properly since connecting on BT Mobile. I'd like to help if I can. Can you please let me know what the actual problem(s) are? Is it connection issues? Are your calls dropping? If you can give as much detail as possible we'll do our best to help you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@DavidM 

I know its not the most modern of phones and there’s a few who would say, “get rid” but it’s served me well with no problems whatsoever.   I’m in my 60s and don’t see the need to replace unnecessarily.

I moved from Vodafone to Tesco and then to Superdrug (with this iPhone 7+) with no issues at all.   Moved to BT mobile and now my phone won’t send photos or videos to anyone not on iOS.   And yes I’ve checked the settings for MMS etc.  It also used to be seamless in switching to mobile data when away from internet.  Now I actually have to turn the wireless signal off before apps will open or the 3/4/5G kicks in.  And it never connects to  BT wireless hotspots, ever.

And now after signing up to an 18 month contract just a couple of months ago, I’m told you’re putting the price up!   I won’t be renewing, that’s for sure and I’m seriously reconsidering my highly overpriced, always disconnecting, unreliable BT broadband (which we’ve had for 20 years!)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

How to contact?

Go to solution

I’ve been a bt customer for many, many years - at least 40.  That really should be rewarded with some loyalty or recognition.  

what do I get?   Long, long times to get through on the phone - a message button that doesn’t work - an online help that doesn’t list the help I need.   For a communications company you’re ways of getting in touch are abysmal.

I want to leave.  I’m fed up of new customers getting the cheap deals and I’m paying nearly £80 a month for just broadband and incoming calls only.   I pay another £20+ on top of that for our mobiles!!!

please tell me now to actually contact someone, either quickly by phone (not 30+ minutes wait time) or by email.  

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Different member of family posting on the wrong thread. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Re: How to contact?

Go to solution

@Myst 

I am afraid your 40 yrs does not count for anything when it comes to contract renewal.  however you should not be charged anymore than a new customer for the same benefits.  If your contract is due for renewal or expired then phone the options team 0800800030 and see what you can negotiate for a new deal.  If you don't like offer then don't take it and try again in couple of days

If you get redirected to CS because option team lines are busy then hang up and try options team later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 9

Re: How to contact?

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.   I know loyalty means nothing with BT but it should.   Anyway, after 1hour 58 minutes and 34 seconds on the phone, the best they could do was reduce my bills by £7 a month.   So, I’ve left and transferred mobiles and broadband/landline elsewhere saving myself £49.80 a month and a reward card thrown in.  

shame on you BT.   I won’t be back.  

0 Ratings