cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Voicemail issues

Go to solution

Hi,

I have recently moved from iphone 8 to samsung S23 ultra and have noticed that the voicemail no longer works. 

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Voicemail issues

Go to solution

Hi, @Stevieg1975 if you dial 1571 from your mobile are you able to listen to your voicemails?

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

No 1571 dont work and if i call my mobile it dont get diverted to voicemail

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

Hi, @Stevieg1975 did you get a message when you called 1571? Can you try dialling 15711 which should turn on the voicemail service?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

When i dial 1571 the phone just hangs up, ive tried 15711 and it said that its activated but still no go 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

I'm having exactly the same problem, noticed yesterday. I have 2 BT mobile phones. I have tried 15710 and then 15711. The confirmation message is heard for both. 1571 gives an immediate end to the call on both. If I try to phone either mobile it does not divert to voicemail.

Interestingly, I have exactly the same problem with my landline digital voice. The voicemail on it is not working either. Dialling 1571 gives a long tone. Phoning the landline number does not go to voicemail.

I stay in the DD10 postcode area in case that is relevant.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution

Sounds like an voicemail server issue, hopefully its fixed soon 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution

@Stevieg1975 It certainly sounds like it's not just your problem. My 1571 has been working for months. I was only alerted to the recent issue when a friend said he couldn't leave a message.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution

My dad has never used any voicemail service in his life and doesn’t really care for it but obviously when he sees something flashing on his new handset he presses it lol.

I’d noticed the phone displaying a message so I dialled 1571…..Nothing! Complete silence for 15seconds then a long tone? Asked my dad what happened when he dialled it? He said he heard some pre recorded BT message then he ended the call.

Now like I said, 1571 is dead. When I dial in from any other landline or mobile it doesn’t send me to our voicemail and eventually just cuts off.

This is on a week old new install and in the DE73 area so I haven’t got a Scooby Doo what’s cracking off.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @1969act1969, sorry you're having trouble with the voicemail service. You mention that this is a new install. Is the voicemail service you're referring to on you home phone service and not a BT Mobile service?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings