cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

wifi calling

My Galaxy S21 has worked off wifi calling up until this week,  I can still use email but not calls or txt.

My vodafone provider has tried all sorts.    I can get the service once I leave my home but no longer when at home.

I live in a rural area with no mobile mast so rely on wifi calling.  I have to put my phone on 2g/3g.

Can anyone help.

Thaknks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: wifi calling

are you a Bt retail broadband customer? if so do you use SH2 and which package FTTC or FTTP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Fibre with halo1

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Have you tried restarting both the S21 and your router.

You could also try putting the S21 into aeroplane mode then re-enable just the Wi-Fi and see if it works then

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thank you but I have trued all of that. My phone shows as in use as WiFi calling and thus has only happened in tha past week.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

If your broadband connection is working and stable, I’d suggest contacting either Samsung or Vodafone.

could be a software/firmware update to the handset that’s changed things, or potentially something on Vodafone’s end. As long as you have a minimum of 1mbps to your device it should have no trouble supporting wifi calling.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thank you I went to Vodfone shop yesterday and they played around with it and assured me it was working off wifi.

When I am outwith my village calls and txts work, the minut I am back in the house they don't.

Vodafone were also on internet with me today for over an hour but it eventaully timed out and I lsot connection with them.    I may be wrong but feel it is BT problem rather than vodafone.  Why would it suddenly stop working in house.

It is a pain because if youa re doing orders or banking they text you a code, I can't receive it.   I have to travel 1o miles out of village to pick up  a signal.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

If your mobile is showing that it is connected to your hub WiFi (not BTWIFI) then the problem is with the phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings