cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

700 minute package discontinued?

If I look at the sign up options for broadband it offers payg calls for £5 or unlimted for £18 but the £7 700 minutes option is not there?

Has it been discontinued? It's still mentioned in the BT websites guides? Or if you sign up for PAYG can you then change to 700 minutes or is it gone for good? 

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: 700 minute package discontinued?

just checked BT website and still shows PAYG/700/unlimited

by any chance are you on the 700 min package and if so that why it does not show

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Not showing for me either, looks like it's been removed:

rbz5416_0-1697033974965.png

rbz5416_0-1697034370012.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

@rbz5416 

this is from further down the same page

Frequently asked questions

We want you to benefit from the features of our usage-based call plans. That’s why we’ve introduced the Unlimited Minutes calling plan. This gives you unlimited minutes to call UK landlines and UK mobiles without having to regrade your broadband.

We’ve made this change so everyone gets the benefits of our new calling plans, such as included calls to UK mobiles. This means you’ll be able to make unlimited calls to mobiles without worrying about extra charges.

What other options do I have?

If the new Unlimited Minutes plan isn’t the best option for you, we have other choices to replace your calling plan. These include our Limited Minutes plan, which gives you 700 minutes to call UK mobile and landline numbers.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

@imjollywrote:

this is from further down the same page...

Wouldn't be the first time they've amended a single part of the site without bothering to check for other instances. But checking my options (I'm on PAYG), I can either have unlimited calls for £10 or £13!  😂

rbz5416_0-1697034938239.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Thank you. Yes its still listed around the BT website. But if you actually go to order a package it does not appear as an option. I asked an online chat person who said it must be discontinued. But you never know for sure if the online chat people are guessing.... 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

@mnbvcxz 

are you currently on a calls package?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

imjolly I would be a new customer. I haven't signed up yet. If I do perhaps I would then be able to transfer to 700 minutes as a then existing customer. Or perhaps it is no more an option... It would be nice to be able to know before signing up. But it may be one of those things you just have to wait and watch what happens.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

@mnbvcxz it shouldn't be a problem changing to the 700 minutes plan after you're service has started, but if you'd like it from the get-go sales will be able to place the order for you over the phone on 0800 800 150.

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

@NeilO   could you query the poor state of the "Phone Calling plan Add ons" webpage  with those responsible for designing/editing .  As posted in message5 by @rbz5416 , there are two option buttons, both marked  UNlimited minutes,  one for £10pm and one for £13pm.

The  "learn more"  pop ups  also  both show Unlimited.  Maybe the £10pm  option should read  Limited Minutes,   or possibly:  Limited 700 minutes ? 

0 Ratings