cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Absolute SHOCKING service from BT

Go to solution

I moved house at the beginning of November, and had arranged with BT to transfer my service. Home phone & Broadband. My wife spoke with a BT representative who told her of a good deal with BT TV package also. We stressed that we absolutely “HAD” to keep the same number, as I am self employed, and the number is on my business cards, headed paper & van. We were guaranteed that was no problem. So we went with it.

BIG MISTAKE.

Open reach cancelled the order, and BT didn’t even bother telling us. 

Eventually we got a date for the “new” digital phone/broadband package. We had to wait 3 weeks. So 3 weeks without phone or internet. 

Engineer arrive Tuesday, installed new set up. We had to wait until midnight to find a phone line with a new number. After phoning BT “yet again” was told it was not possible to keep number, but leave it with him to try and sort. (I await that)

I have only just checked online on my BT, that my next months invoice includes TV package, which was part of the original order, that was supposedly cancelled, but they want my money.

If I knew then, what I know now……….I would NEVER had gone with BT.

I now have to phone BT “again” in the morning to get TV invoice cancelled.

so far, since the beginning of November, I have had approximately 45 emails from BT, and spent hours on hold, on my mobile, because I didn’t have a land line.

Shocking company. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Absolute SHOCKING service from BT

Go to solution

I am self employed, and the number is on my business cards, headed paper & van

@Regan55 

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Business users can transfer their number using the Cloud Voice service, which means they still keep the same advertised number.

https://business.bt.com/moving-premises/

"Take your phone number with you

With our cloud-based systems, you can take your number with you wherever you go.

But if you’re just moving phone lines or a traditional phone system, you can only take your number if you’re moving in the same telephone exchange area."

You are not allowed to use a residential line for business use.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@Regan55 

Here is a similar thread regarding the transfer of phone number, which I assume is causing the most concern.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Can-t-transfer-landline-number/m-p/2265280#...

It would be worth asking BT Business to see if its possible to transfer the number that you must keep, over to Cloud Voice. It would mean having a separate business line, but that would probably be cheaper than repainting your van, and changing all your paperwork.

This sort of problem has been posted before on this forum, and its usually caused by customers ordering the wrong type of account for business usage. Keeping your phone number is not always possible on a residential account, which is why BT Business introduced Cloud Voice, which is a VOIP service using special IP phones.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

That’s all well & good, but the “salesman” at BT specifically said, “ no problem, we will just switch the number to your new address”

we have been lied to constantly over the last 3 months, and it has now got to the stage where I’m not going to have a landline. No point really.

0 Ratings