cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 28

Re: Am I getting a better package?

Go to solution

The details from the checker that you posted shows you must be almost next to the cabinet and are capable of getting in excess of 200Mbps.

Can you tell me which part of what I posted lets you know that? It's all just gobbledygook to me. 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 28

Go to solution

G.fast Range A (Clean) help 247.1 182.7 36.8 16.5 158.9 Available - Available --
G.fast Range B (Impacted) help 204.5 144 25.2 12.2 127.4 Available - Available --

Message 23 of 28

Go to solution

Thanks. Could I ask how that tells you how near the cabinet is to me? In layperson terms. 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 28

Go to solution

Speed is directly proportional to distance from the cabinet and is a very steep curve. Your predicted speed indicates you are very close to the cabinet.

Message 25 of 28

Go to solution

Is there a big metal cabinet on your street or close by to your house? If so that's why you get a special connection that isn't officially full fibre 

Message 26 of 28

Go to solution

Is there a big metal cabinet on your street or close by to your house? If so that's why you get a special connection that isn't officially full fibre

Not that I can see, but the openreach guy came today and did whatever it was that he had to do.  I wasn't in so didn't get the chance to ask what he had done. I have broadband but it doesn't seem any faster than what I had before. I'll give it a week to settle. 

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 28

Go to solution
Out of interest, Nigel, do you have a telephone service along with your G.Fast broadband? I have a BT G.Fast package which includes a pay-as-you-go telephone service, but I never use the telephone service and don’t even own a telephone to use it with. I have asked BT and been told that I have to pay for a telephone service along with my G.Fast and can’t have G.Fast without paying for a telephone service. What’s your experience?
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 28

Go to solution

@Forumcloud if you don't want a phone service, you should be able to specify this but BT changed their products all the time. I've recently left BT for a full fibre product elsewhere and I have no provision for a phone service as far as I'm aware but don't need or want one anyway 

0 Ratings