cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Anyone else re-contact or upgrade in March to avoid price hike? Check your next bill estimate…

Go to solution

Thank you @besmirched.

I'm glad that I could help you with this. If you ever have an issue with your bill you can always message us. We'll make sure to help you.

Do you need @JohnC2 to check out anything else for you or are you happy for him to close your complaint when he comes in this afternoon?

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Re: Anyone else re-contact or upgrade in March to avoid price hike? Check your next bill estimate…

Go to solution
I am happy for the complaint to be closed so long as you or John is still satisfied that my most recent bill with the part month charge for upgrading is correct and as it should be.

I wasn't sure on this, but so long as you guys are on it, I can feel reassured the bill is in order. With the shocking next month bill estimate we've discussed today, I obviously have no confidence in whatever automated billing system that BT is using.
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Thank you @besmirched.

I've let @JohnC2 know so he'll close it for you.

If you ever have an issue, please, feel free to get in touch with us.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 14 of 19

Go to solution
besmirched

I have just recehecked my bill page as a result of your post and find the same issue as you. I renewed my contact on 1 March for the same package and price as the existing contract but the estimate showing for my forhcoming bill includes the price hilke coming into effect on 1 April. Perhaps DanielS could alo check this out for me?
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

@allanraymond 

was you contract due for renewal in next 6 months or were you upgrading your package as that appear to be criteria of whether you get the increase or not.

'made a complaint about my contract renewing as I'd expected and it was explained to me that this renewal trick will only work if you're out of contract or within the re-contract period which is something like 4-6 months before your contract end date'.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution
@imjolly

My contract renewal was more than 6 months away. This 6 month criteria wasn't mentioned when we first started to discuss renewal to avoid the price increase, what was said at the time if you renew on or after 1 March the price increase coming into being on 31 March will not apply. Only later was the 6 month criteria mentioned which I said on this Forum BT must be making it up as they go along.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

@DanielS 

So I made a complaint that was rejected for the criteria that I've mentioned but others seem to have renewed or had their complaints accepted. Was I the only one to fall foul of the criteria I mentioned?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

when I posted about the renewal after first march would avoid the March increase there was never any mention of the 6 months that was from a recent post.  It does make sense there needed to be some criteria otherwise everyone could renew and avoid the increase.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Just logged into My BT account to find a broadband offer to save money, which worked out as the exact amount of the price increase, if I took the new contract.

So I’ve taken the offer and should now only have to pay the price increase next month on the 4 mobile contracts that I have with BT.

Looks like BT have found a way to keep us onboard by making offers we can’t refuse?

0 Ratings