cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Awful, support/exploitation of very elderly customer

I represent my 92 year mother who lives independently, a 100 hundred mile round trip from me and she totally relies on TV. We signed her up at least 18 months ago with a Now TV package which unwittingly came with Halo(no new router supplied). I explained that she absolutely needed subtitles and was given an assurance the service would be fine for her. We have expressed our frustration at various points that she is paying £72 per month for something she can’t use; eventually on 4th November 21 we negotiated a better package for a charge of around £48 with lesser broadband package. Now nearly 3 months later, nothing has happened and certainly no reduction in bills. Rang billing today who sounded reasonable but had to be transferred to ‘new package’ team.  Assistant kept me on hold to discuss with manager and then returned with one of 2 options,  1 keep existing package or 2, cancel TV all together because seemingly mum’s bandwidth no longer able to cope??? I will be checking this when I visit but weirdly Netflix, Prime etc work just fine. Mum’s Tv is a lifeline, same operative opened and shut a complaint  within the space of 5 minutes because this is what British customer service has become - woeful 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Awful, support/exploitation of very elderly customer

Hi @Jaypri 

Thank for posting, I can help investigate what is happening with your Mum's account for you, what happened with the new deal that was agreed previously and check what is happening in relation to bandwidth etc.

I have sent you a private message asking for some more information.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings