cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Computer Systems are Not Fit For Purpose

Go to solution

On Sunday EE suggested that I telephone BT to see if I could save some money on my broadband (BIG MISTAKE).

1. First call, I was reassured that I could save some money if I re-contracted for another 24 months. It sounded good so I went ahead. Unfortunately that was a lie and my costs actually went up, not down.

2. So called again, lots of apologies so the adviser put in another order correcting the mistake, or so I thought. Later on using Track my Order I discovered that they had removed my 700 minute call plan and changed it to Pay as you go. Also the order included the return of my Complete WiFi and Hybrid connect even though I remained on Halo 3+. 

3. Third call, the adviser marked the return of the Complete WiFi and Hybrid connect completed but advised me they couldn't reinstate the 700 minute call plan until the order (2) is complete (that's today). 

4. Forth call, by adding back the 700 minute call plan we went back to the  status of paying more, the same as 1. I insisted I didn't want to pay more due to BT's mistakes. The adviser told me the only way back was the cancel the two orders 1. and 2. so everything goes back to how it was before I first called. However I would have to wait 5 business days before they could cancel the orders (some nonsense about distant selling regulations).

So now I am in a situation where I am stuck on Pay as you go until Monday next week. If I call anybody I will be charged the pay as you go rate. Not at any time did I even mention changing my 700 calling plan.  And to cap it all, my Hybrid Connect no longer works (see 2. above). I was passed to technical, advised that I will have to wait until the orders are cancelled and the system is back to what it was before I called.

I have to take some responsibility, I dared to call BT. Apart from adviser 1 (who basically lied to me) all the other advisers tried their best but BT computer systems made it impossible to truly help me. They appear to be designed to dig you deeper in to a hole if anything goes wrong.

I'm afraid of making a complaint, as every time I contact BT it gets worse.  Maybe, if it ever gets back to normal I will seek recompense.

My apologies for the rant, however it is therapeutic.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Computer Systems are Not Fit For Purpose

Go to solution

I am finding it difficult to accept that I have to suffer a full week so BT can rectify their own mistakes. Is there any chance that this can be escalated? Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @VeteranISPUser, sorry for the mess up with your order.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to see what we can do to help you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Many thanks, private message sent.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

If you want something done properly, I find that engaging here with the mods is the only way that is pretty much guaranteed to work. 🙂 

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Progress 😀

They have managed to roll back the second order. The one that left me on Halo 3+ but still cancelled my Hybrid Connect, complete WiFi and changed the 700 minute call plan to pay as you go. Another Hybrid Connect and Complete WiFi disc in the post and the 700 minute call plan is back live.

Now fingers crossed that they will roll back the broadband price increase and reinstate my contract date back to the original.

Here's hoping.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for speaking with me today @VeteranISPUser .

As discussed that's all been sorted for you now.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @DavidM   I didn't question your arithmetic at the time, or I misunderstood. 55.99-54.63=1.36x12=16.32. I am not sure where 12.72 comes from? 😂

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

My mistake @VeteranISPUser . I'll get that sorted for you today.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings