cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT Rewards - No link to claim - Scam?

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help please?

Signed up to BT broadband via Moneysupermarket, and was promised a £25 voucher plus an £80 pre-paid mastercard.

Cannot find any links whatsoever.

Is this a soft scam?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Rewards - No link to claim - Scam?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi Keith, thanks for the link. When I click it says "Claim your BT reward Card or Gift" then takes me to a place that says I have no reward to claim.
Is this a well known scam please? If so I am in the cooling off period so could cancel.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Of course it's not a scam, do you think a reputable company would operate a scam?

It's just incompetence.

I will ask if one of the mods can assist

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

It certainly appears to be a well orchestrated scam I'm afraid. Spoke to BT themselves and they are telling me that the £80 reward is not in my contract, but "maybe" a link will appear after 14 days (taking me past the contract cooling off period). Ha!

And of course the original deal on moneysavingexpert (not moneysupermarket) has disappeared from sight!

Hellllp!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

The rewards will be sent after the 14 days of course anyway! There's a cooling off period & they're sent after it to stop people constantly switching within the 14 days for offers like this

It's absoluely not a scam btw, once the mods get in touch i'm sure they'll sort it

Message 7 of 11

Hi Gary thanks for your reply.

The fundamental issue here is that BT themselves have told me they do not think my contract entitles me to the promised £80 pre-paid mastercard. So why would a link appear after 14 days?

Monysavingexpert will have taken their cut from BroadbandGenie who will have taken their cut from BT.

But who actually promised me the £80? BT say not them.

Nobody seems to know, no trace, and therein lies the essence of the scam I'm afraid.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

I would be very careful of repeatedly accusing BT of operating a scam on a public forum if I were you.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @MrStrong and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry for any confusion with your rewards. I can sort this out for you. I'll need a few details so I'll drop you over a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

Message 10 of 11

Hi Licquorice,
sage advice indeed.

For clarity I cannot possibly imagine that BT, BroadbandGenie or Moneysavingexpert would be part of anything underhand and I unreservedly withdraw any implied accusation with my loose language.

I would still appreciate any help to unravel this complex situation.
0 Ratings