cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT Sport costs

Go to solution

What is the regular price of BT Sport if you have no offers?  I am being charged £26.75. £20 plus £6.75 discount whatever that maybe? This is more expensive than a monthly pass. Does this figure seem right

Thanks

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Sport costs

Go to solution

https://www.bt.com/sport/buy

The price varies depending on platform and contract. 

£25 is you have a flexible pass through the app.

£16 for a 2 year contract via BT TV (new pack)

£53 if billed through Sky and taken with Sky Sports

£21 on Sky but billed by BT

Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks NigelB72

Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Well since November 1st 2020 my BT Sport through the Sky platform but billed by BT has cost £24 per month with an extra £6.50 to receive it in HD.

According to the figures given by Nigel, I have been overcharged.  Not bothered anyway as I cancelled my BT Sport package with BT at the end of March.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@Ianrallywrote:

According to the figures given by Nigel, I have been overcharged.  Not bothered anyway as I cancelled my BT Sport package with BT at the end of March.

The £6.75 is because you're out of contract on your broadband, if you had kept BT Sports on Sky and renewed your broadband, the £6.75 charge would of dropped off automatically.

*Edit*
See Information about your BT contract 

Will I pay more once I am out of contract?

When you come out of any of your BT contracts you may end up paying more, as you lose certain promotions associated with your service. For example, when your TV or broadband contract finishes and you have BT Sport, then you'll start paying £6.75 additional a month (if you have BT Broadband and watch BT Sport on Sky) or £6 additional a month (if you watch BT Sport on BT TV).

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

What £6.75 do you mean? The charge for HD on top of the BT Sport package is £6.50 as I said. The charge for BT Sport is £24 and has been since November 1st 2020. 

I am in contract with BT for Broadband until June 18th this year. I am puzzled by your reply therefore.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Apologies @Ianrally I read the original post which stated :

@Purpleronniewrote:

I am being charged £26.75. £20 plus £6.75 discount whatever that maybe?

My reply was for the OP

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

No problem Richie. 

The problem with much of what happens with price increases with BT and others, is the confusion that arises when a new bill arrives. With the price increase from March 31st. I decided to cancel My BT Sport package from March 31st. and gave notice to BT on March 1st., the required 30 days notice period so that the following statement by BT would come into play: 

"If you have BT Sport on Sky, your terms and conditions will change, meaning your price will increase by 9.3%. If your contract started before 1 September 2020, you can cancel your contract without paying an early termination charge."

My contract started on June 17th. 2020 so that meant I was able to cancel my contract of BT Sport without an early termination charge. 

Today my latest bill arrives and guess what? An early termination charge of £57.73.  There is also a charge for two days (31st March and April 1st) on the BT sport and the broadband package.  I understand April 1st. is an extra day from the statement by BT " Prices will rise from March 31st." That to me means April 1st. onwards, not March31st onwards, which is backed up surely by the fact that the financial year starts on April 1st. I know we are only talking about 1 day extra, but a few pence charge for March 31st. from every customer of BT must amount to a substantial sum.

I rang BT regarding the early termination fee and have been told it will be removed but the point is I should not have had to do it. I get the impression sometimes that they are trying it on as I must have had to ring up on five occasions over the past six or seven years to get mistakes on the bill rectified. Please stop blaming the computer BT. Computers only churn out things from what a human puts into them. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@Ianrallywrote:

Computers only churn out things from what a human puts into them. 

You're right, the advisor who put through the cease selected the wrong cease reason, this then triggered an early termination fee.

Glad you're sorted though, you should of had a confirmation email to confirm the credit is applied.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks Richie,

Yes I have had an email to say that the credit for £57.73 has been applied to my NEXT bill. My next bill isn't due until July 2nd so I can tell you that I will be knocking the £57.73 off my current bill total. I don't see why I should have to pay the error now, and let BT keep my money for three months when the mistake is theirs.

0 Ratings