cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT have charged me for my equipment which I have already returned

Go to solution

I feel really upset.

I knew that I had to return my BT Hub after closing my Broadband account, so I requested a pre-paid postage bag from BT, which they sent through.

I put the hub into the bag, took it to the post office and was NOT given a proof of postage. Now, BT have charged me £50.

I sent the Hub back in October, so I find it amazing that BT claim they have not received it.  What can I do?  I cancelled by BT account because it was too expensive and despite my best efforts to avoid being charged an additional £50 BT are saying they're going to take the money from my account tomorrow!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT have charged me for my equipment which I have already returned

Go to solution

Do you have proof of postage with a tracking number? This should have been given to you by the Post Office 

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Try phoning CS 03301234150 or the billing team https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/account-and-billing/broadband

They hopefully can help but no proof of posting may be a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
thanks - I doubt they'll accept my word against theirs. It just seems like a convenient way to make money for BT, to claim that these things aren't sent. it was their pre-paid, trackable packaging - when I spoke to them a month or so ago (after I'd sent it back and when I was still getting reminder emails) the rep said they couldn't even check if it had arrived
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@apple234 the post office should have given you proof of postage in the form of a receipt with a tracking/reference number on it.

Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@apple234  Did you keep a note of the tracking number? If you did you can look it up on the Royal Mail website to see if/when it was delivered.

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@apple234 

Try  CS and also billing team and if no success then post back and we can see if mods can do anything to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

The tracking number should show up on your account. You can then track the return on Royal Mail website. 

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @apple234 and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry for any confusion with your returns. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. I've dropped you a private message so send over the details and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
thanks everyone - I have called BT and this charge has now been cancelled.