cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT to EE

Go to solution

Hi,

have received several emails about migrating from BT to EE. So I looked on EE’s website. I’m on Halo 250 but all EE can offer is 67. And it costs A LOT more.

But my main question is, I use BT for email addresses. Can I keep them, or would I have to pay BT £7.99 per month for the privilege?

Currently can’t see any reason to take their offer. It says we’re not forced to take it right now, but will it be enforced at some point?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT to EE

Go to solution

Hi @Willowside_9, if you were to move and wanted premium mail you would be charged for it. 

You could have the basic email plan BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help at no cost.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for the advice! 🙂
Seems like a downgrade

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I can’t find the thread but I’m sure that it has been confirmed that when you migrate to EE broadband and you have existing BT email addresses and/or BT Cloud you will be able to keep them and they will be administered through you existing BTID.

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

thanks for the help guys

I think I’d need that in black and white 🙂 It would take me an entire weekend to change everyone’s logins to everything here.

it doesn’t really look like a very good deal right now as looking at their website it’s way pricier and they’re not offering me the same VDSL speed.

Plus they charge per month for the wifi extenders.

I might be wrong though, I’ll hold out until they make me an offer instead of asking me to call.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Willowside_9, I just wanted to update you that @David500 is correct and you will continue to have email and Cloud (if you use it) at no extra charge.

Customers who move to New EE can continue using their e-mail service at no extra charge and do not have to move to Premium Mail.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@Willowside_9  To migrate to EE you have to phone BT to arrange the transfer and I understand there are special deals.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi,

I've just moved from BT to EE -  I asked if the btinternet.com e-mails would continue to work (using IMAP) and was told yes.

They do seem to still work but when I try to check the managemnt of them on the BT.com website I get a message: 

Warning

You cannot access this page as you are not the registered billing account holder.
  Get help here

The get help here link doesn't go anywhere.

Please can you confirm that the IMAP function will continue to work and how I manage the e-mail accounts. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@JohnC2  @DanielS  could you please re confirm that when moving from BT to EE for broadband as BT cannot offer a new package, that we would keep our e-mail account.

I have been given conflicting information from 2 of the customer service people.

When i phone yesterday to renew my contract i will be moved to EE. I asked the service personnel would i keep my e-mail address and i was informed "YES".

I now believe this not to be the case and i have now just phone again and the customer service personnel confirmed that we only keep our e-mail if we pay £7.50 p/m for premium.

As you can imagine i am not best pleased and not a way a loyal BT customer should be treated.

Can you confirm:

Do i keep my e-mail account for free?

If yes what type of account? Basic,Standard or Premium, and will it allow us to use the IMAP function to sync our e-mails between devices?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

If you have moved from BT to EE  you will keep your email accounts as is. ie they will remain a "Standard" account and should be able to be managed through your MyBT using your normal log on details.

Because they are a "Standard" account you can use email clients and email app with either IMAP or POP3 protocols.

0 Ratings