cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Been credited £26.24 to my next bill but I don't understand why?

Go to solution

We've added a £26.24 credit to your bill

Hello ******

We're sorry we didn't stick to our appointment (or give you 24 hours' notice that we couldn't make it.)

To make up for it, we've added a £26.24 credit to your account.

You don't need to do anything – you'll see your credit on your next bill.

this all seems to be from my regrade from fibre 2 to halo original date was 3rd of nov that got changed some time in October (can't mid the specific date). to the best of my knowledge I never revived an email to notify me of the change of date I just happened to notice it was changed to the 9th as I was tracking the order one evening to see if they had dispatched the equipment install was completed on the 9th of Nov  worked as expected apart from some account issues that @NeilO from the mod team sorted. 

now to the issue at hand last night I got the above email and I can't fathom why could a mod perhaps shine some light on the reason I'd receive this, as to my knowledge no appointment was actually missed are am I missing something. to be clear I never asked for this or expected it and just don't want any unforeseen complications down the line.

thanks in Advance.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Been credited £26.24 to my next bill but I don't understand why?

Go to solution

Hi @cnonna, thanks for your post.

Automatic Compensation is generated by Openreach. I take you were upgrading from fibre to the cabinet to full fibre. Although the engineer arrived with you on the 9th did they arrive after 1pm if you had an 8am-1pm slot booked?

As it's generated by Openreach something at their end indicated the appointment slot was missed or changed at less than 24hrs notice.

Cheers

John

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2  thanks for the prompt reply.

am sure the engineer arrived before 13:00  on the 9th just before 12pm IIRC.

he was KN Circet engineer  working on behalf of openreach.

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @cnonna, thanks for posting back. It must be the time the engineer was logged a picking up the job was after 1pm. 

As it's automatic by Openreach their computer logs the times and I've not come across many when it was paid in error. It's usually the other way around and we've to manually apply a missed appointment credit.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

hI @JohnC2 

so it's alright then I can just take it as it is, no further issue then? is what you're advising

if that's the case it is what it is I guess.

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @cnonna, yes, it's ok and the credit will appear on your next bill 🙂

Cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2

Thank you for your clear and concise advice on resolving the matter its all very much appreciated by me. 

Take care and have a great day

0 Ratings