cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 42

Re: Billed twice in four days

Go to solution

The Direct Debit Guarantee provides that "you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society". Anyone in danger of incurring overdraft fees might do well to invoke that provision rather than wait for BT to sort out the mess, even with the risk of making the mess worse..

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 22 of 42

Go to solution

Me too. Normally pay once a month and now been taken out again after 4 days. Can’t get through to the bank or to BT. Just hope they sort it soon 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 42

Go to solution

Hi All, sorry if you've had an extra direct debit payment collected. We are fixing this currently and you will receive a refund automatically shortly. 

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 42

Go to solution

BT have also taken money from my account twice this month.  Same amount on 175h and 21st.  
If I had taken money from BT it would be considered theft and I am sure BT legal people would be chasing me very quickly. Surely an organisation as large as BT have systems in place to prevent the company thieving money from customers (intentionally or intentionally)
When is this money being returned with some compensation?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 42

Go to solution
Please can you advise how soon the reimbursement will appear in my account? Thanks.
It'sThatJanet
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 42

Go to solution
Can you advise when this will be refunded? Three days later and still nothing is pretty unacceptable.
Message 27 of 42

Go to solution

I expected the refund to appear today but it hasn’t.

I would have assumed BT were making the refunds by BACS as soon as they were aware, i.e. on Tuesday 21st, and it takes two days for BACS transactions.

I had also assumed BT would do the decent thing and email all affected customers to apologise and explain - but they haven’t done that either.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 42

Go to solution

See message 21 above - anyone really fed up with waiting for BT to put this right can retrieve the missing funds straight away. If a coincident refund should result in a double repayment let BT sort it out, which they would probably achieve at a quicker pace than they've shown so far.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 29 of 42

Go to solution

When is 'shortly'  please?

It'sThatJanet
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 42

Go to solution

I also have been billed twice, I’ve tried to phone BT every day since this happened and have given up hanging on waiting for someone to speak to me. 

This issue is not resolved and the customer service we as BT customers are  receiving falls extremely short of expected standards.

BT must get their act together and get this issue rectified and should contact all affected customers as soon as possible.

Imagine the money they are making from all our duplicate direct debits!

Not holding my breath though that anything will happen that quickly.