cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Can I add a new account on my BT

Go to solution

Hi, I can access myBT with my BT ID and password. However it is linked to an old account. When I go to "add an account" and I type the right account account number and press "add", it does not allow me to. It is causing issues and BT app does not work. Somehow I cannot access myBT with my right account. Could someone help me? 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Can I add a new account on my BT

Go to solution

Hi @Nicolas1 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, are you getting an error message when trying to add your account number, if so can you let me know what it says?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

There is a green tick when I input the correct account number. When I press add, I get in red:

We are not able to add this account to My profile. Please contact us for further help

I called BT, got a very nice operator but she could not help me out

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, @Nicolas1 is it possible the account was registered for a BT ID previously using a different email address?

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

It was indeed and when BT does email me, they do mix up email addressed (the old was work related and I left the company 5 years ago). I mentioned it to BT operator on the phone but she said it, she could not see it. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@Nicolas1 thanks for clarifying, it sounds like we'll need to do some BT ID deleting to get this sorted for you. I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details.

Thanks

Neil

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you so much for helping me out. Really appreciated. Have a great Easter break

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

The special team called me - deleted all my BT ID. I had to reset everything so that I can add my new account number to the right BT ID. It says it will be activated after 5 min. I have waited 12 hours but it still does not work. I called BT to fix it again (email team). I spent 40 min with them but they cannot fix the problem and again the special team has to call me back (I can't call them). Could the right team called me ?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@Nicolas1 I'm sorry about that. I can see my colleague @RobbieMac spoke to you yesterday and agreed to call back today, he's due to start in an hour so I'll let him know that you've posted.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you. The email team answer is to create additional BT ID which just add complexity and does not fix the situation!!!

0 Ratings