cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Can I start my broadband earlier

Go to solution

Hi. 

My start date /switchover date from talktalk is due to be 8th Dec. This is the second date I've been given, the first was 28th Nov. Unfortunately my previous supplier was not given the new date and have terminated my broadband as of yesterday.  I am now left with no broadband or TV or anything and can't seem to do anything about it with talktalk.  It is what it is according to them. 

Is there a way of starting my BT broadband now.  Everything else on the account seems to have started already,  the TV packages etc.  Please help.  Thanks.  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can I start my broadband earlier

Go to solution

Hi @Cheesehead welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you've been left without a connection.

If a takeover order has been placed we're not allowed to connect the broadband for a period of 14 days due to industry regulations.  As the service from your old provider has stopped early we would need to cancel and reorder again with our suppliers to get around the 14-day connection time but I would be reluctant to do that in case it wouldn't work. 

I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details and we'll be happy to check if anything can be done. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@Cheesehead Thanks for speaking with me today, I'm sorry I wasn't able to bring your connection date forward but hope the mini hub helps in the meantime.

Thanks

Neil

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi. Thank you for your help that.  Much appreciated.  

0 Ratings