cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: Can't order / upgrade online

Go to solution

Thought I'd give an update on this situation. And yeah it's still unresolved.

So I got through to a live chat again, and explained the issue, and also about the fact the 2nd recreated order resulted in nothing happening.

So the guy asked if I wanted to open a complaint, which I didnt really wanna complain, but I said to him well if it helps gets the situation resolved, then yes ok.

So a complaint was opened, and I asked him if he's attached any kind of note to it so someone is aware of the actual situation, and he said yes he's written in detail what the issue is. I then went to mybt account and saw the opened complaint, of which it gave me the option to also attach my own note of the complaint, of which I did. So both me and him had attached our own notes to the complaint to describe the issue. 

I also received a text (as shown below) saying it will be resolved on the 7th (which it wasn't)

I spoke to a woman tonight on live chat (although she wasn't able to help to much because she only dealt with technical help) and I had already told her I have an open complaint (of which nothing happened) but she ends up asking me if I wanted to open a complaint, which I found abit ridiculous because of as I'd already told her, iv already got a complaint open and I just want the issue resolved instead of keep opening complaints.

When our chat ended I then saw in mybt account that it seems she has actually escalated the complaint anyway, and although it's not a totally new complaint as such, it's been done within the already open one with the same reference number. And even though the word escalated makes it sound like it's gonna be put to a higher priority, it probably only means that all it's done is just repeated the exact same process iv just been through 48hrs beforehand. As also shown below, iv received a 2nd text for the escalated complaint, saying the exact same thing as the first complaint text, but just that the dates are different. If the first complaint resulted in nothing happening, then it's probably likely it's not gonna this time either.

So, a new order was created (nothing happened) A complaint was opened, (nothing happened) The same complaint has been put through a 2nd time, and (probably nothing will happen.)

Screenshot_20221208-205124~3.png

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

Ahh, maybe I'm about to have something done at last. Just logged into the account, and tapped on mybt, and it's saying "We can't get your account details at the moment, we are trying to fix the problem".

That's the first time that notice has ever appeared, so hopefully something is finally being done.

Edit: it's not even displaying my account number. I hope it doesn't erase everything completely forever, and create a new problem. Hopefully not. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

Hmm, or maybe iv spoken to soon.

I've just logged back in about an hour or so after it last time saying "We can't get your account details at the moment". But that notice has now gone, and I'm now able to look at my account again, but no change has occurred though. They don't appear to of updated or fixed anything.

Maybe that means that all they've done for now is just gone into my account to see how it looks. But I dunno why they would of had to of temporarily stopped me from gaining access to my account details just to do that. All they would of had to of done is logged into it to do that.

Hmm, so I dunno what they was doing then. But whatever it was, it certainly still hasn't fixed anything at my end. Il just have to wait and see if anything else happens next between now and tomorrow....

Edit: although I certainly hope it isn't a case of nothing happening! 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

Iv just noticed the home page of bt's site has changed. So there was me thinking or seeing it as a sign of hope with me temporarily not being able to look at my account, but it might of just been because they was doing general site maintenance.

See, how this situation has even now started to mess with my mind or put me in an altered way of thinking.

So seeing as me not being able to have access to my account earlier, was probably actually nothing to do with my issue, then i reckon by tomorrow nothing is still gonna of changed. I bet that escalated complaint still ends up doing squat all again just like it did nothing at all the first time. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

Screenshot_20221209-063340~2.png

Screenshot_20221209-063353~2.png

Screenshot_20221209-063555.png

Just to confirm all signs seem to point to being incorrectly capped at 55/10. (and incase anyone asks about the short uptime, no we don't suffer from drop outs, it was me who recently restarted the router. Our connection is solid)

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

looks like your package has been updated but to fibre 1 and not 2  you had 80/20mb connection on 3/12 and not 55/10mb  are you able to check MYBT to see if package shows as fibre 1 or 2?  you probably will need mod help but try checking and posting back first

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

Yes it seems without a doubt we are on Fibre 1 speeds, but the package is titled correctly as 'Home Essentials Fibre 2' in mybt.

And yeah you've made a good point there, that we had already switched over by the 3rd Dec, so seeing as the speed was observed at 80 on the 3rd, then we should of been receiving the higher speed.

It is also displaying in mybt as PAYG when it should be Unlimited Minutes. So that's the other incorrect thing with the package.

Screenshot_20221209-190414.png

Screenshot_20221209-190433~2.png

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @Scott1210s, sorry you're not seeing the speed increase since changing to fibre 2.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

Hi John, thanks for picking up this ongoing issue for me.

I have replied to your message with the relevant information as requested.

Scott. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

So through using this forum some action got put in motion, many thanks to @DavidM

A partial order for the speed change was put through, and it changed over to 80/20 speed last night after 1am, and the information in mybt has also changed displaying the correct speed details.

But the call plan hasn't changed, it is still displaying as Pay As You Go, when it should be Unlimited Minutes? 

But one thing I thought I'd mention about the speeds, is that the speed is behaving a little erratic, or very up and down. I don't know if this is normal and that it will settle over time, but iv been doing speed tests very regularly, like 2 or 3 times an hour, and sometimes the speed is in the mid to high 60's, but sometimes it's as low as 40's, low 50's. 

0 Ratings