cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Cancellation fee bill item

Go to solution

Hi.  If I was to cancel my broadband contract early would the cancellation fee be listed as a separate item on the final bill, or will the fee be bundled into the one payment line?

I ask as there's an ISP offering to pay off cancellation fees, providing it can be identified on the final bill as it's own line.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cancellation fee bill item

Go to solution

I dare say if your ‘normal’ monthly bill were ( for arguments sake ) £40 and your final bill were £200 , and the new provider were prepared to pay the ETC , it’s not difficult to deduce that £160 is the amount they would need to cover….TBH , I would imagine that these companies don’t partly pay your bill or provide a ‘cash’ amount , but would expect you to pay the entire bill , but would give you a bill credit on your account with them of £160, once you can ‘prove’ the extra amount you had to pay to leave a minimum term .
 there is evidence that a final bill may be followed up with a closing invoice, so the ETC may not be on the final bill anyway , this may be weeks after the new providers service has started .

if someone has already left BT on this basis then why would they be viewing this forum, and if someone had joined BT from another company and BT covered  the ETC for that customer the format may not be the same with another ISP offering to cover ETC , you would be better off , if this new company has a customer forum, posting if anyone has been through the process with them , as their experience is likely to be more helpful to you , or simply asking the new ISP how they ‘cover’ the costs of leaving BT while inside a minimum term.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks, I was hoping there might be someone here with some knowledge of what BTs final bills look like. A billing "Guru", if you like.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

You ask a perfectly reasonable question, there may be an ex BT customer that still views this forum ( in fact there seem to be people that post questions here , that don’t and would never use BT , so someone who is an ex BT customer that was liable for ETC will explain what their final BT bill looked like

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @jp0099,

If you leave BT while still under contract any cancellation charges will be listed on your bill.

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Great thanks
0 Ratings