cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Cancelled Order!

Can anyone tell me why my broadband package has been cancelled? We recently moved into a new property and BT are the only supplier. I ordered on 28th of may and was told we would be up and running by the 6th. After not hearing or receiving anything I checked online and the order has been closed and stated Auto Cease Order? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cancelled Order!

Is your 'new property' a new build and if so does it have an openreach ONT fitted or is it an existing property which you have purchased 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

It’s a very old property we have just purchased. Original owner was with BT as they left the hub behind. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Quite possible your order was raised as a working line takeover, the current occupants would be notified of the takeover, they might not of moved their services and the takeover stops it, they have the right to stop it happening which results in your order being cancelled, it's quite common on home moves.

Give the connections team a call on 0800 800 150, they'll know why it was cancelled and can replace.

Message 5 of 6

Were you trying to take over the phone line ?  Do you know if the previous owner is transferring their broadband  to their new home?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Bennp1990 

If the previous owner asked for the line to be ceased, instead of allowing you to take it over, then there will be a pending cease order on the line which will cause your order to fail. Once the cease tasks are all complete, then you should be able to place your order.

This could have been avoided if a Working Line Takeover has been agreed.

0 Ratings