cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Cancelling BT Sport

My husband rang BT all he wanted to do was to cancel BT Sports which he was talked out of by the sales advisor and was also told that the 700 minute calling plan that we are on  is no longer viable and we had to go on Pay as you go. He was told that an engineer would come out and change our phone over to Digital Voice and that our payments would go down to 90 pounds. Our bill is still 101 and the engineer came out and said that he had come to fit our broadband. I found that very strange as we already have broadband and we had no equipment sent out for the digital voice. All in all i am not very happy with this at all 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cancelling BT Sport

Hi @Debra50, I'm very sorry that your husband didn't have a good experience when he called to cancel the Sport package. 
Are you still within 14 days from your order? and if so have you called back and told them you're not happy and want to go back to your previous package.

Even if you are within 14 days they probably won't be to change you back to the copper telephone line from the Digital Voice. You should have a compatible hub and you can plug you phone into the hub to make and receive calls. Have a look at this video: Digital Voice | Digital Home Phone | BT
Cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your reply the sales advisor told us that we had to to either go on the PAYG or unlimited minutes as the 700 minute calling plan was being phased out. Also he advised us that our bill would be £90 and it is showing at £101which is the  issue as we now have to pay for each individual phone call.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Debra50, thanks for posting back and the 700 mins call plan is no longer available. 
I'm concerned that you aren't able to make or receive calls. Have you got the Digital Voice service set up ok?
Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Yes we had to plug our landline into our router yesterday ourselves as the engineer had no equipment when he came out. As we no longer have the calling plan though we now have to pay 28 per minute when we make a call which is probably going to cost us more than what we was paying for the calling plan

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Debra50, thank you for confirming that. I wanted to ensure you could make calls and receive them as it will take a few days for us to get back to you.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to see what we can do to resolve the calling plan for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings