cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Charged after ending service

Go to solution

My contract with BT ended on 29th December 2023. I gave notice of termination of service on 9th November 2023 ( far more than the 30 days required) and even returned my equipment which BT received on 17th December 2023.

On checking my account after the contract end date I saw that BT wanted to charge me another month's charge for January. After several messages and phone calls I was assured no charges would be taken and they agreed my contract had ended and I had given the correct notice. 

This was all sent to me in emails and SMS .

Lo and behold on the 7th January BT have taken a further £43 by DD.

I should be shocked and surprised but I'm not. Can anyone advise me of what steps I can take to get my money back. Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Charged after ending service

Go to solution

@MG_57 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers who would not have any access to your account. Perhaps you have cancellation charges being applied?

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Keith, have phoned them multiple times and been reassured my service has ended . I have emails and texts confirming this and yet they have taken a month's payment . There was no cancellation fee as I'm out of contract and I gave more than the requested notice. I have spoken to them again this morning and got the usual apologies and have been told I will have to wait a month to be refunded. Not great. 

Just wondering if anyone on the forum had an easier way of getting things sorted. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @MG_57 and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're still seeing charges. I can sort this out for you. I've dropped you a private message so send over the details and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks to David M and Neil O ( mods ) for resolving my problem and taking the time to explain in simple terms how the accounts and billing process works. 

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@MG_57 No problem at all, it was a pleasure speaking to you this afternoon.

Neil

0 Ratings