cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Charges on 500 calling plan

Go to solution

I am on the 500 minutes calling plan of which I have used 120 minutes. My usage shows I have been charged for two of my landline calls to 0208 numbers which are regular London numbers. Why would I have been charged?

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Landline Regular Charges

Go to solution

My usage shows I have been charged £6 for "Regular Charges" as well as "Landline Usage" on my landline - what are "regular charges"?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Re: Charges on 500 calling plan

Go to solution

Hi @pamelap   Have you anything chargeable like ring back?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Re: Landline Regular Charges

Go to solution

Hi @pamelap, welcome to the forum and thanks for your posts. I've put them together as they may be linked. 

Are you quarterly billed?
Have you checked your online account to ensure you are on that calling plan?

It may be that you are on PAYG at £2 per month and that would explain the charges for the calls and the £6 if you've got a quarterly bill. Please check and let us know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@JohnC2  I'm charged every quarter. I've just been put on a new 24 month contract. I just checked and the order does say PAYG. So if there is a charge for that it is presumably the £6 as a "Regular Charge". Thanks. I don't know why I have been changed to PAYG? I was not on this before. Still don't see why I've been charged for two calls when on the 500 plan - no other calls have been charged, just the two.

@VeteranISPUserNo ringback or anything like that.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @pamelap, thanks for checking that and posting back. You must have had the calling plan changed when you re-contracted. You can upgrade your calling plan via your online account or give customer services a call and they'll change it over to the 500 minutes plan for you. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Just out of interest is pay  and go now a monthly fee for when I renewed my FTTC  about 19 months ago. I changed to pay and go as I hardly use landline to make calls and I dont pay any monthly fee to be on pay and go with BT for landline calls.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

@JohnC2   I am on both - PAYG and 500 calling plan, and I seem to be paying for both if the £6 is PAYG. Is this a mistake?

It takes so long to phone BT to ask all these questions.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I thought the 500 mins were no longer available either, it's now 700 is it not?

Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Sometimes it's now cheaper to use your mobile to make calls than via the landline. Depending on mobile contract or sim only deal. 
As 90% of mobile deals now come with unlimited calls and text  and so many GBs of data a month.

Although the use of text messaging has been slowly decreasing over the last 18 months. As most now use Facebook Messenger, Whats app and other ways to message people.

0 Ratings