cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Closing an account

I have been trying to get a final bill for 9 weeks now. I have had no broadband or phone line since 8th march. I have phone at least 6 times and no one has done what they said they would. I cannot get another provider as orders can't get through apparently.  I am at my wits end!!! What else can I do. Its ridiculous 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Closing an account

I know it doesn’t help, but if you were always wanting to move provider you shouldn’t have cancelled. Instead you should have placed the order with the new supplier first and then the whole switchover would have been managed. As it is you have little choice but complaining to BT to properly close down your account and release the line.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I did go to nowtv to change over but they have been unable to switch over because of either bt or openreach. So they have now cancelled my order and said they can't help me because of bt. So now I'm left with out any provision from any company thanks to bts inability to allow the switch.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

The switchover hasn't been managed by anyone. Not by BT,NOWTV or Openreach. I did it right but they've mucked it up.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Mich3 

Changing provider is initiated by the gaining provider who will contact BT and tell them they are taking over your service. You will receive a message from BT saying "Sorry to see you are leaving".

You must not call BT to cancel, as that will create a pending cease of your service and prevent another provider taking over, until all of the cease tasks are closed, which could take 30 days.

You will be unable to get service from any other provider that uses the Openreach network, until that time.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I received the message from bt to say sorry you're leaving before the 8th of March. Since then nothing has happened and nowtv have cancelled the order and left me to deal with bt. Its been over 30 days and still nothing has happened. 

0 Ratings