cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Conflict between old BT account and new account when using My BT

Go to solution

I changed my broadband package and by doing so was given a new account number.  When I log in either via the My BT app or online it still defaults to the old account.  I can switch to my new account in the app but I am unable to view any bills or usage etc, I just get an error message along the lines of that there is a fault with MY BT and we are trying to fix it

Also my new account doesn't show email under my products so I am unable to export mine and my husbands emails from the old account to the new account and I am concern that if I delete my BT ID to reregister I will lose my email.

I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone to various tech support last Sunday and got absolutely nowhere.  We tried using my gmail to set up a new ID, my husbands gmail and even creating a new gmail address but still have the same problem. The chap I spoke to said he was going to have to log it as a problem and escalate to another tech support dept and of course I've heard  nothing since.

Surely it can't be this difficult to resolve?  I just find the whole situation incredibly frustrating.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Conflict between old BT account and new account when using My BT

Go to solution

Hi @NClarke I'm sorry about the problems with your My BT account. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Conflict between old BT account and new account when using My BT

Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know we got this sorted @NClarke .

Post back if you have ay other problems.

All the best

David

0 Ratings