cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Delay installing Fibre

I ordered fibre in early March and was given installation date of 28th March.  The installation date passed without anyone attending and no contact from BT.  Nevertheless BT began billing me for the Fibre.  The installation is fairly simple, a manhole across the road has a duct straight to my house which was confirmed to be free of any obstacle on a previous bt attendance.  A complaint was raised and the executive team took over the account. Enquiries raised with Openreach have established that a manhole team is required for the installation.  Every 7 days the update is the same and no indication of potential installation date is given. I have been through this before and finally cancelled that order in frustration. I was persuaded to reorder but am now facing the same  meaningless loop.  The fact that Openreach has a monopoly clearly means they do not feel required to treat customers with any form of respect.  I am told I am at the highest level of escalation at BT.  Has anyone found a way to escalate matters further?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Delay installing Fibre

If your complaint is now being dealt with the Executive level complaints team then that is **bleep** high as you get.  You are not an openreach customer as you posted but a BT customer and it is BT Retail who are openreach customers.  You need to keep pushing ELC 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Delay installing Fibre

Thanks for your reply. To be clear, I did not say I was a customer of Openreach. I am well aware that Open reach is a separate subsidiary of BT and that my contract is with BT. I am also aware that other people are having the same problem through other service providers. BT was criticised in the past for preferential treatment with Openreach but this is clearly not the case now. Openreach seem to treat all their customers (ISP's) with the same disdain and this ultimately feeds through to the end customer...me! I am not getting anywhere with the ELC. They simply give me the same info every 7 days....its awaiting the manhole team. No indication of timing is ever given. Maybe the manhole team do not have a diary system. Perhaps they wake up each morning and decide which job they will do. Only a monopoly company can operate this way. I think options are head of complaints, CEO and ultimately ombudsman in that order. Any other ideas?
0 Ratings