cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 40

Email notification of bills has stopped (on 2 different accounts)

I had my usual emailed bill reminder at end of April but none for May (just as well I still receive a paper bill) so I went online and paid today.

I also have a second and different BT telephone account too using a different email address of mine and that one has also stopped receiving emails of the bill monthly too which suggests this is not an error only relating to one of my emails but instead is more universal.

Obviously I can try to remember to check online each month to both accounts particularly as thankfully one of the bills still comes by post but I wonder if BT has an issue with sending out the monthly reminders just over the last month?

0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
Message 2 of 40

Re: Email notification of bills has stopped (on 2 different accounts)

Same problem. email notifications of bill received up until April but none in May and now none in June. Rang them and it was suggested I refresh my marketing preferences info (which was set correctly). If that doesn't work then next month contact the technical team. So I'll see what happens next month.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 40

I too am having the same problem - no Your bill is ready to view email for my latest quarterly bill dated 7 June 2023, although an email for the 7 March 2023 bill was received as normal.

This problem is also affecting my mother.  My parents' account solely in my father's name was transferred to my mother's name on 12 March 2023 following the death of my father.  She has monthly billing and no email notifications have been received since the transfer.  Notifications for 8 April, 8 May and 8 June are all missing, although the payments are being taken and the account would otherwise appear to be operating normally.  I had suspected the missing emails were due to something going wrong during the transfer process and did not relish the prospect of contacting BT on her behalf to try and rectify the problem.  I am somewhat relieved to find this may in fact be a wider issue.

@Alan0345wrote:

Rang them and it was suggested I refresh my marketing preferences info (which was set correctly).

That seems quite an odd suggestion to me.  Billing emails are surely service emails rather than marketing emails.

It would be good if a moderator could confirm whether this is in fact a known issue

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 40

Hi, thanks for posting about this issue.

I've raised this to try to find out if this is a known issue any updates either myself or another moderator will post here.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 40

Hi All,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us to report this.

I have had word back that there are no known issues with this.

I have sent all 3 of you a private message that you can reply back to my team on.

We'll need to check each of your accounts to see if this is an issue or if this is related to your accounts specifically.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 40

I too have the same issue. The last email bill notification was at the beginning of April. I received neither May or June notifications. I reported this to BT through online chat in May - however nothing was done or followed up. I reported it again on the 5th June (via a phone call) and was promised they would look into it and raise it with the tech team. Again I have yet to hear from BT.

So the tech team should already be aware of this issue - therefore it is a known issue.  It seems whatever the problem is it most likely started in May.  Also, nothing in my account was changed or modified between April & May by me personally.

Could one of the moderators also look into my account please. Many Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 40

Hi @Jo9, sorry you're experiencing this issue also. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team for help with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 40

"Your latest bill is ready" emails not received.

Hi everyone

Having been a BT customer for years, I never usually have any problems receiving the "Your latest bill is ready/Your latest bill is now ready to view" emails from BT. These usually come about a week before the money is due to be taken from my account. However, I didn't receive one in April and put it down to an anomaly, I received as usual in May, here we are in June & again no email.

Is there an issue my end or..?

I do rely on these emails to help keep me up to date with payments, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 40

Re: "Your latest bill is ready" emails not received.

Exactly the same with me.

With the amount I pay each month you would think they could get the communication right.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 40

Re: "Your latest bill is ready" emails not received.

Yip Exactly the same here no email in June.

0 Ratings