cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 42

Re: FTTP installation delay woes

Go to solution

Before you can order FTTP , all the addresses in your ‘area’ are given a brief ‘survey’ , this indicates the installation process and any potential issues , check your address here , 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

It should be similar to this , 

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues….it also should state KCI2 or single stage .

if it says congested duct , or similar then the delay was inevitable, OR were even indicating that fact , if it’s ‘no anticipated issues’ , then the lack of duct to the property was never picked up at survey, and the ISP gave a good faith date but were ‘failed’ by OR, if issues were anticipated then you should have been given a longer lead time so OR could do a two stage install , not a single stage one.

Failed appointments etc. are the responsibility of the provider, so BT in your case , once service is in , your compensation should be something like the number of days after the appointment minus 2 ( the first two days don’t count ) plus a missed appointment fee , added as a bill credit.

BT may be compensated by OR if the failure was OR fault , the fact that your date kept being moved may affect what you get , TBH , it’s supposedly automatic, so until you get a ££ figure , you won’t know for sure if it’s in line with expectations, or better or worse.

Message 12 of 42

Go to solution

Good that the 'Civils' have turned up and the FTTP installation wheels have started turning.   I was very impressed with their work with grass seed and top dressing on the lawn and new topsoil on the flower border.   All swept up afterwards and to be honest, It was hard to see where they had been.

However we then had a long wait for the fibre pull thru and the boxes to be fitted to the external and Internal wall.

At he end of the day, no doubt you will be well pleased with the new 'fast and furious' (as BT likes to call it) fibre service. 
I think that their reference is to the Broadband speed and not the installation process!

............   Granddad

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 42

Go to solution

I checked the link, and no issues documented, however having said that, the original OR guys that showed up, checked the manholes, and painted the path where to dig. I don't know if they actually lifted the MH covers and peeked in to check for a clear run.

OR special support verbally told me all was good and no reason why can not be installed - "ask BT to call us if any issue"

Obviously they didn't know about the need to add a pipe from the MH to my wall.

The fibre run from that wall to my house external wall is above ground - so no issues when they do come to pull that.

I don't care about getting compensation, I just want the service which I have been waiting 10 plus years to be able to order having suffered with 64k/isdn/adsl 4mb max until I finally went to VM. But that service was great initially and now suffers from outages pretty much weekly.

Message 14 of 42

Go to solution

updater.

despite the pipe being dug into the pathway,  and receiving SMS from BT to say the install will be completed on March 6th - which it wasnt - today I received an update to my order to say the installation will take place on MAY 26th !!!!!

Disappointed is an understatement - is there anyway to challenge that?  67 days seems a very long time, and definately not the  result I was hoping for,

😞

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 42

Go to solution

Last but one msg I hope.

Called BT support on 0800 587 4787 and after some discussions and explanations regarding the civils being completed, my appointment is changed to `APRIL 3rd.

So 67 days becomes 13 days............  Lets see if it actually happens.

🙂

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 42

Go to solution
Fingers crossed all goes well on the 3rd!

I know you previously said you weren't too bothered about the compensation side of things, but just as an FYI, their process is detailed here: https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 42

Go to solution

My install was eventually completed 64 days after the initial 'promised' date which was 41 days after the order was placed.  That was a total of 105 days  and more important, much shorter time than the second promised date given by BT.  I phoned BT so many items to progress the order but it seemed to be an OpenReach problem and I/we/you cannot contact them directly.  

I did try the compensation route, quick call, pleasant chat and all sorted within minutes.  I was previously advised that you have to wait 30 days after completion of the install and that I did and was more than pleasantly surprised with the amount awarded.  Be patient, at the end of the day, superbly satisfied and a very good stable connection  at 925Mbps down and 110MBps up .  My wallet is very happy too!

....  Granddad

Message 18 of 42

Go to solution

So,

April 3rd arrived.  Nice OR engineer arrived and after a bit of discussion "I usually drill a hole in the wall next to the external box" and "not sure I can run the fibre upstairs" he agreed to use the cable path I had prepared. This avoided drilling any holes in the face of my property, and brought the fibre into the first floor room, under the floor I wanted.   From there it was routed along a joist and popped out next to the position the NTU was to be located.  `All good and took no more than an hour.

Very happy with that part.

Next problem - the outside work was not yet done, so no FTTP yet. The civils were done a week or so ago, and I expected the outside work to be done today, so did the engineer, but alas no.

I'm now waiting to find out when that will happen and hope not too long as I want to cancel VM service. This is Docsis 3 so not a fibre switch.

At the moment, I will have to pay both for at least a month once the BT fibre (OR) is pulled in.

Am I now in the compensation mode assuming it isnt installed later today?

🙂

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 42

Go to solution

Here we are on April 13th - thankfully that's Thursday not Friday. 

Yesterday having not heard from BT I sent a HELP message to their usual SMS about "were coming tomorrow - send confirm or change" .

Nice chap called me today to advise that there was a "fault". After quite a bit of discussion it transpires that the engineer that did the 3/4/23 internals had reported the "fault" which was the fact the external cable was not installed. I now have to wait for 10 working days from today - not from the 3rd when the issue was reported, for OR to come and survey yet again.  This will be the third visit to survey, in addition to the civils to install ducting and the internals engineer.

In addition, I asked about my phone line, was due to be cancelled on March 6th but obviously not as BT called me on it (my order shows it was terminated on the web site on 6/3).  I wanted to confirm again that the number will be ported to the digital line when the fibre was installed eventually, and I was told they don't have a request for that. I did confirm I had requested and had confirmed the number would be ported at the time, but that seems to have gone amiss along the way. Anyway, seems I now have to order that once the FF is actually working.  I did ask for a note on file to ensure I retained the number.

It was confirmed my order was placed Feb 21st with original install date March 6th and compensation would be from that date. So now I have to wait another 10 days to see if they do the latest survey, and then give me an actual install date.

Meanwhile I continue to suffer with VM outages.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 42

Re: FTTP installation delay woes - UPDATE with question

Go to solution

Today I received a email from BT to say that my FF will be installed on 26th April - hurrah -

Only the email stated I need to be in so the engineer can do the installation.

On the 6th April the internal works were done. Fibre ran inside, wall box connected and ethernet to the modem hooked up.

What was missing was the external part of the installation.

So, I called BT again, spoke to a very nice lady and explained the situation. She called "the engineers"  and explained to them that the inside work was completed. They said the Survey that was required (per last post) wasn't actually required, and it will be completed on the 26th.

I again stated that the external works were the part not completed - Fibre to the CBT. All civils are completed, and asked for a note to be placed on file to that effect.

Thinking that was it, I hung up and started the wait until the 26th.

Only to receive an SMS from BT 2 hours later to say the install will be on the 26th, and I need to be at home.?  Why is that?

So my question is - if anyone can intervene - if the internal work is done and all hooked up, why do they need to come inside again? Or do they?

Is the router preset or has to be configured? DO the guys that pull the FTTH do that or is it another guy for inside?

I wont be available on the day, but I don't want to cancel the install since I've waited long enough.

Can any BT folks on here confirm if I need to be at home considering everything inside is done. The engineer that did the inside said they don't need to come in now.  Which is it?

Any help figuring this out would be appreciated.

🤔

0 Ratings