cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 42

Re: FTTP installation delay woes - UPDATE with question

Go to solution

My engineers have at least turned up, it’s just with communication through BT themselves that seems to be a struggle

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 42

Go to solution

I had to change the appointment for 26th as I am away. 
it was moved to the 2nd so I would be available. 

However on Tuesday 25th  engineers turned up to “hook you up”. 
fortunately my wife was in.    After a couple of mins they reported that the outside cable had not been installed 😳 

Q: do  they report status on a log someplace ? 
Anyway off they trundled and returned on weds. My wife says “its working “ but i won’t be able to confirm for a few days. Meanwhile BT have emailed me and updated my account with a new appointment of May 1st to install !  Needless to say i doubt that will happen. But again doesn’t the left hand know what the right hand is doing ?

almost there. ………

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 42

Go to solution

Today, May 1st, BT/OR no show.  But I expected that.

Received an email and SMS at 0831 today saying my service will be activated on May 2nd. (up to 2359 etc)

MyBT account says engineers will visit external to complete the installation on May 2nd.

I checked the installation on my return today and discover that the engineer that showed up last week actually ran the external fibre. I switched on the modem, and its live. Getting 706/108 when testing from the modem ethernet ports, and around 450/80 inside my firewall.

So after a very long period of waiting and calling looks like its finally in.  I assume my activation date of May 2nd will be the measure, even though I was originally advised it will be live on 6th March by SMS.

next step Digital voice, which dropped off the order along the way......

Any idea how to progress that?

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 42

Go to solution

well,  Its installed and operational -

Still only max 736/108  but very happy.  VM cancelled after 45 min call and various offers to reverse the increase and drop the original price by another £20 a month !!

Told them they should have made the offer before I cancelled if that was the price they wanted.   Anyway, I will now concentrate on switching to Digital Voice and reduce my outgoings further.

No sign/mention yet of refund or allowance due the long delays.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 42

Go to solution

Hi @skhm28,

It's great to see that everything is installed and working now.

I would have a read over our Automatic Compensation page just to make sure that you get what you're entitled to.

Thank you
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 42

Go to solution

Hi,

After a few weeks of operating, my line is still not 100%, but its working.  Whats not,  is my home phone line - it suddenly has no tone.  So I assume the DV transfer is in process.

When I look at my order tracking, it says "were sorry your service is not working yet, an engineer will visit outside your property on June 5th".

I'm not sure why? but looks like BT still thinks my service is not operational, or maybe its not and that's why its up and down?

Anyway, I checked on the hub admin and it says Voice is not configured, (phone symbol and not configured).

I plugged a handset into the Hub, but nothing.

Do I just call out a fault? or I need to wait for yet another update?

I'd like my home phone back......

Any advice?

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 42

Go to solution

Hi @skhm28,

Thank you for posting back. I'm sorry the phone line isn't working. With what you've posted it sounds like your order hasn't been completed yet.

If you send me your details, I'll take a look at this for you. I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 42

Go to solution

Hi PaddyB

I replied to the PM.

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 42

Re: FTTP installation delay woes

Go to solution

Hi Steve,

Yes, I called earlier and left a voicemail on your mobile. The number was finally ready to port to the digital voice network so fingers crossed it goes through without any issues on Tuesday. 

Thanks

Neil

BT Community Moderator

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 42

Re: FTTP installation delay woes

Go to solution

Fingers crossed 🤓

i didnt get a VM. 

thanks again

0 Ratings