cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

7A7F1C0D-ECE5-4103-89FA-8E2B2E494881.png

HI trying to figure out if I can get fttp here’s this I saw everyone asks on other posts I’m really far from the green cabinet on fttc I used to get 13dl 0.97ul I’m a bit confused would openreach bring such a long fibre cable free of charge just for £50 a month ? I have a overhead pole then it goes into an grey pipe 2miles away to the green cabinet apologies if this is a really dumb question 

A0898E77-C8DC-4730-B418-46AA201D6EF7.png

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fttp

Go to solution

FTTP doesn't go to the FTTC cabinet, so if it's available to order just go ahead. Although that does say there are potential issues with running the cable "line of sight".

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

FTTP goes straight to your house with a box on the outside of your house I think. Some Youtube videos I have seen the box is just inside of the house With another box for a one hour back up should the power go off.

FTTP is coming to my area in the first half of next year and they hope to have it ready for orders by sometime in March the Openreach website is now saying.

I myself are thinking of moving from FTTC to FTTP when it finally ready to order in my area. 

My BT FTTC is up in about the next 3 months.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@plazo 

Fttp show available so try phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if you can place order

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi, @plazo if you enter your address details into the BT Broadband website it should give you the option to order a FTTP plan.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I think line of sight issues is the overhead pole being berried In a hedge though I did clean it up now

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

So I should just go ahead and order it ? I’m still 900meters from where I’m most certain is that fibre splitter and where that grey pipe going underground goes I live in a pretty rural

area just 4 houses in my post code the other 3 houses all have fibre but My house is 900meters from where I see a fibre cable coming to them with 3 open connections for a cable I think and where I’m pretty sure that underground pipe goes 

also say I order it and can’t get fttp would I be able to cancel it ? If It was 14 days after I order it or does 14 days start after the service is connected up

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @plazo Openreach aren't likely to do any further work to provide the FTTP service until an order is placed so it won't do any harm.

If you order it and it can't be provided the order will be cancelled by Openreach, the 14 day cooling off period starts once the service is installed.

Thanks
Neil