cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full fibre 500

Go to solution

I am currently on a BT full fibre 500 contract.

I was looking to send a link to this package to a friend who may be interested.

However, I do not see the 500 full fibre option listed any longer on the BT website.

Has it been discontinued or have I just missed it?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full fibre 500

Go to solution

It’s not clear ( to me at least ) why BT only ‘offer’ selected products to customers on the website, presumably the full range of products will be available to order by phone ,  a quick check of a random address doesn’t show me 500Mb either, but the 300Mb product is shown , a while ago,  I’m fairly sure it was  500Mb that was offered but  not 300Mb…it does seem to be the fairly odd way BT chose to market their FTTP products ( seems baffling to me ) …however the apparent removal of the 700mins calls option for telephony customers was first spotted by its removal ( not displayed as a clickable option ) from the web portal, hopefully BT are not replacing 500Mb as the mid tier FTTP with 300Mb .

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply, I notice EE are offering fttp 500 and also 900 both at exactly the same price🤪 which is to say the least, bizarre and at a price a fair bit more than I am paying.
The whole fttp strategy is a mystery to me!
Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
The 500 option was offered to me in the My BT upgrades section.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Given the push to get BT customers to move to EE , it may be a ploy , if BT offer 300Mb for the same price as EE will supply 500Mb , unless there is a reason not to consider EE , then it’s a no brainer really to pick the EE offer , after all they are fundamentally the same apart from the EE being ‘faster’ .
0 Ratings