cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 35

Re: Halo

Go to solution

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 18.39.42.png

Thanks for explaining what to do, here is what I have.

I really appreciate everyone's help.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 35

Go to solution

As has already been pointed out several times Halo 3+  is an add on to BT fibre packages and isn’t speed dependent, so someone with relatively modest/poor  speed on FTTC or even ADSL could  ( for example ) still take Halo 3+ ( the only Halo product currently sold ) if the benefits, like Hybrid connect , Home Expert visits , extra BT Mobile data etc,  were deemed to be worth the expense  of it , so the ‘Halo not available in your area’ statement seems a little odd , I thought that statement may be if mobile coverage were poor BT wouldn’t offer Halo , as the Hybrid connect is a major benefit of Halo , but that now seems unlikely , I suspect ( as others do ) that you have conflated FTTP availability and Halo availability, FTTP isn’t available to every BT Broadband customer , but Halo is , wether its desirable or not it subjective.

Halo isn’t denied because of your location, or available speed it’s either someone wants the benefits it provides or doesn’t , presumably at some point you were happy to take the product,  it’s like insurance though , if ultimately you make no use of the product doesn’t mean you were mis sold , no gun was held to your head to make you take it.

There  is a difference between the selected ‘offers’ shown on the BT website and what’s actually available if someone called BT ( or BT called them ) selected offers are by definition just a selection of offers,  not the entire range , perhaps you can screen grab and post the image showing ‘Halo not available in your area’, as I suspect there may have been some confusion between FTTP not available in an area , and ‘Halo’ .

The image of the wholesale checker is the predicted range of speed for the products available to you individually, obviously this varies, customers in areas with FTTP will show FTTP WBC , areas without it ( like yours ) won’t ,  it works by entering BTw phone numbers ( so that’s not just BT Consumer customers,  in the past other ISPs like Plusnet used BTw to supply Telephony for their customers ) and it also works with addresses, so it will work for those that use LLU providers like Sky and TT ( where the checker wouldn’t recognise the Sky or TT phone number because they are not Btw phone numbers )

The  info your image shows FTTC is available ( you may even be on FTTC ) it gives is useful for checking if the speed you actually get is inline with the BTw estimates, but has absolutely nothing to do with ‘Halo’ .

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 35

Go to solution

It would help if you can post your hub stats by going to hub manager then advanced settings then technical log information.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 35

Go to solution

The screen grab your requested, and which I have taken from website: https://www.bt.com/broadband/halo#!#result

is shown here:

Halo not available here screen grab.png

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 35

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply, here are the hub stats you requested, sorry, but its in 3 screen grabs:

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 21.06.41.pngScreenshot 2023-08-31 at 21.07.03.pngScreenshot 2023-08-31 at 21.07.19.png

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 35

Go to solution

Your hub stats show connection 52/18mb connection.  With 18mb up speed that is fibre 2 speed not fibre 1

Have you tried connecting to the test socket with filter to see if that improves your connection speed?

As already posted halo is no longer available and only option is halo 3 or halo 3+ .  The options available all show halo 3+ packages available to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 35

Go to solution

Many thanks for clarifying the speed question and confirming I am on fibre 2 speeds. That resolves half of my query, and I appreciate you doing that for me.

The one outstanding point now is the “Halo” question. Yes, I am being billed Halo 3+, I just keep saying Halo as that is what BT state on their website. Sorry to have caused confusion.

In the post from iniltous dated 31-08-2023 19h40 - edited ‎31-08-2023 19h59. I was asked to submit a screen grab showing BT’s website stating ‘Halo not available in your area’.

I submitted the screen grab in my post dated 31-08-2023 21h04

Message 24 of 26. And shown again here:

keithplympton_0-1693552730577.png

This is from the BT website https://www.bt.com/broadband/halo#!#result

So as BT’s website tells me that  ‘Halo isn’t available where you live right now’, and as a neighbour was told by BT when they phoned that they couldn’t have ‘Halo’ in this area/postcode [see my first post 30-08-2023 17h04] I don’t see why I have been, and am still being, charged for a product that BT cannot provide.

I believe therefore that the above proves I have been wrongly charged for the period since February 2020, and quite simply I’d like my money back please.

I would be grateful for your help please. 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 35

Go to solution

You should be able to get a significantly better download speed. So as well as trying the test socket, also try a quiet line test. Dial 17070 & select option 2, there should be no pops or crackles.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 35

Go to solution

Thank you for the info.

I do not have a microfilter so cannot try the test socket, but I have called 17070 option 2 and all is nice and quiet.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 35

Go to solution

I was hoping that by using filter in test socket you may increase your down connection speed which is currently just below bottom speed range estimate but above handback threshold.  

As you sure you have Halo3+? do you have 4g mini hub to connect to EE should your SH2 lose internet connection? this would have been supplied at outset.

do you get a mobile signal from EE in your home - you can check using EE coverage map

0 Ratings