cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 35

Re: Halo

Go to solution

I am being billed for "Fibre Halo 3+" which is stated on my BT bills.

I do have the mini hub but as you see below not a good signal with EE.

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 10.02.18.png

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 35

Go to solution

To add to the above map.

I think, perhaps, that my location in relation to the mobile masts near me must affect the signal.

The phone masts and the local Plympton TV transmitter are located on the other side of Hardwick Woods which in turn are situated at the top of Cot Hill.

My postcode sits in the lee of these woods, which are quite extensive and cover a large area and we are quite a way below the summit of Cot Hill.

As an example, Freeview signals to my postcode are much stronger from the transmitter at Caradon Hill located in Cornwall.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 35

Go to solution

so you have the 4g mini hub presumably wire to the SH2 so should your broadband go down then the mini hub will provide internet via EE mobile.  this will be sufficient for browsing, email etc.

so you have what you pay for 

With BT Halo 3+ you'll get...

• Smart Hub 2 - we'll give you a Smart Hub 2 with wi-fi controls for managing your family's screen time
  • Hybrid Connect - stay online even if you lose your broadband connection. This is instead of the Keep Connected Promise and means you don't have to wait for a Mini Hub to arrive
  • Full Fibre Promise - this means a free upgrade to Full Fibre 100 once it's available in your area
  • Complete Wi-Fi, which gives you strong signal in every room in your house or £100 back

probably as your internet connection is stable you have not needed to use the 4g mini hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 35

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply and taking the time to help me.

I accept what you say, especially as you [and all the other kind posters who have given me help and guidance] clearly know more about these things than I do.

I honestly did think things were wrong and that is why I raised my initial post. But I will leave it there, thank you, as clearly my thoughts were misplaced.

So, again, many thanks for your help and also many thanks to all the other posters.

Take care,

Keith 

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 35

Go to solution

Glad you are reassured that you are not paying for something you are not receiving, I would image the ‘Halo not available’ message is a direct result of you already having Halo, if you tried a immediate neighbour that isn’t already with BT with Halo , chances are they won’t show ‘Halo not available’ , TBH a better message may be ‘you already have Halo’ 

0 Ratings