cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Home Essentials

Go to solution

Hi, I have just read an article on BT home essentials on the Community.

Ive recently exchange my package over to this plan and qualify, during the conversation with the BT representative I explained to him that I used my own Asus Router and BT openreach modem when he was telling me about the benefits of the new digital phones that were going to be sent out to me and how I was going to able to make unlimited calls etc.

Unfortunately the phone won't connect to my Asus router via WPS and when I rang up BT for help the lady I spoke to was under the impression the the new digital phones plugged into the green port on the back of home hub 2.

Obviously this is also incorrect information, looks like the vast majority of BT employees haven't had proper training on how this new service or products works.

So it looks like I won't be able to take advantages of this plan

What are your thoughts,

Regards,

Neil.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Home Essentials

Go to solution

to use digital voice you must use the SH2. the phones connect to the SH2 by dect not wifi

the FAQ will help

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@NeilB3 

The option to revert back to a normal copper landline is no longer available once you moved to a different plan, as the analogue phone network is closing down.

The new Smart Hub 2 will replace both your Openreach modem and your Asus router, but you could still connect it to a port on the Smart Hub 2, and use it as a wireless access point.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Keith,
Thanks for your quick response,

How would I go about that, could you kindly let me know please.

Best Wishes 

Neil.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

The new Smart Hub 2 plugs directly into the same phone socket as the Openreach modem did, so you no longer need the modem any more.

All your devices should connect to the Smart Hub 2, but if you needed additional coverage, you could locate the Asus router in another part of the house, and connect it to an Ethernet port on the Smart Hub 2, using a long Ethernet cable.

If you have any existing phones, then they can be connected to the phone socket on the Smart Hub 2, and any new phones that BT supply, will connect to the Smart Hub 2 using DECT (Digital Wireless).

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

That makes sense,

Thanks for your reply,

Neil.

0 Ratings