cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Landline and broadband

My parents are moving and I'm trying to get a landline and wi fi package from BT for them. After 20 minutes on hold and a carry on trying to get consent from my Mum to do this the operative said they can't offer wi fi and I need to contact open reach? When I try this it goes nowhere what an I supposed to do???

Landl1necrazy

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Landline and broadband

You can't deal directly with Openreach, they are not customer facing.

You need to call BT again.

Perhaps requesting WiFi rather than a broadband package confused the original person you spoke to.

Make sure you speak to the home mover team.

Message 3 of 4

Although pretty rare , there are the occasional places where Openreach ( BT only ever use Openreach) were not allowed to build their network by the developer, the developer chosing to use a different network provider or in some cases the developer installs their own network and anyone living there has no choice but to use whoever the developer did a sweetheart deal with , so anything unusual about where they are moving to ? 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

put the new address in here , it shows what products are available, post the results 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

check if they have good 5g mobile reception in new location, if they are retired they probably don't need anything like the speed of fibre and a 5g router with a data only sim might save them a fortune. 

Look at ISPreview web site.

Look out for price doubling in very very fine print.

0 Ratings