cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 91

Re: Line rental saver

Go to solution

@beebee 

when was last time you renewed your broadband contract as broadband packages have been all inclusive for good few years.  line rental saver is a legacy product which started when line rental was separate to your broadband contract - that is not the case now.  so as posted already you are currently paying an annual sum which entitles you to a monthly reduction of £19.99 for 12 months and that has not changed

The T&C are clear just nobody tends to read them

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 91

Go to solution

I renewed my BB on 1/3/22 for 24 months contract. 

I renewed my line rental on 27/10/22 for a 12 month contract

How can they possibly be one contract? They are totally separate

I said earlier that I found it in the terms and conditions that my line rental is subject to price rises, it took me 30 mins to find it! 

Message 23 of 91

Go to solution

Do you have BT Broadband and a  landline phone?

If you have BT Broadband only with no landline phone, this package includes the line rental for broadband. It is not billed for separately and can not be done away with.

If you have BT Broadband and a landline phone you will have a phone call package either Pay as You Go, which is the default package, or the 700 minutes package or the unlimited package. In all three packages the line rental is included in the price. It is not billed for separately and can not be done away with. 

You may still be on a "legacy" phone package which does include a separate charge for the line rental. This would show in your bill.

It might be worth call BT Billing 0330.1234.150 and ask then to clarify exactly what packages you are on per chance you are paying for "line rental  saver" when in fact you are already paying for line rental in your package.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 91

Go to solution

I have BT broadband and a BT phone which is pay as you go  which I never use for outgoing calls. Are you saying that the could be consolidated into my BB package? 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 91

Go to solution

Sigh, all broadband packages include 'line rental', phone packages (landline) are a separate add on and can be dispensed with if telephony capability is no longer required. The saving is minimal, £2/m or £5/m depending on which way the wind is blowing at the time.

People conflate line rental and landline.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 91

Go to solution

If you have BT Broadband with landline and the phone package Pay as You Go. This will be billed as the price of the Broadband package that you opted for and the Pay as You Go phone package, which is £5 and it includes line rental for the whole package. There is no separate line rental charge.

If you look at the Broadband and landline deals on the BT website and go through the motions of taking out a Broadband and landline (phone) it sets it out that the prices include line rental.

Check Out | Options | BT

Line rental included in your package | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 91

Go to solution

I pay £30 ish a month for broad band 24 month contract and £219 annually for land line for a years contract. They expire on different dates so how can you possibly say my broadband includes line rental? I was less confused when I started this conversation!

Message 28 of 91

Go to solution

I will look at all links, thanks. I am beginning to despair! I am neither stupid or thick but I am beginning to think I might be headed that way!

Message 29 of 91

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 91

Go to solution

Sorry, the last reply was meant for you, thanks for the links 

0 Ratings