Message 11 of 91

Re: Line rental saver

Go to solution

I totally agree. 👍

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 91

Go to solution

Have just received my notification of bill increases (14.4% !!!). Couldn't tally the increase so contacted BT who confirmed the increase applied also to my prepaid line rental saver. Like you, absolutely gobsmacked that BT are levying a large increase on a already fully prepaid service. Seems very "Arthur Dalyish" and not something you would expect from a national provider. Surely the Ombudsman should be there to protect the consumer . Only suggestion is to log an official complaint directly with BT and request them to escalate it to the Ombudsman !

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 91

Go to solution
Did you not receive an email similar to:

"Your Line Rental Saver discount is about to end. So to keep saving for another 12 months, you need to renew it.

It costs £219.84 for 12 months, which gives you a credit of £19.99 each month."

This clearly says your bill will be reduced by £19.99 per month which is wht you you and I are getting. This takes no account of the actual line rental cost which is included in your broadband bundle.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 91

Go to solution

Once again you have missed the point. It doesn't cost £219.84 for 12 months be ause half way through that period they put the price rise in which INCLUDES an increase for your line rental so it is anything but clear. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 91

Go to solution
I am glad someone is on my side and understands my frustration. Thsnks
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 91

Go to solution

@ndgwrote:

Only suggestion is to log an official complaint directly with BT and request them to escalate it to the Ombudsman !

The Ombudmsman would rule in BT's favour, price change is setout in the terms and conditions and has been for many years now.
Every time you make changes, renew or pay LRS you get an email to confirm, which always contains a link to the terms/conditions, most people choose not to read but BT only have to send it, when you place any order you're agreeing to the terms, if the terms change the BT will notify you at least 30 days in advance.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 91

Go to solution

@beebee Last time I checked your bb AND line rental are one charge, there's no separate line rental charge. Fact is you paid in advance for a 19.99 discount of your bill which you're still going to get, your argument is flawed (effectively BT should be giving me a higher discount without paying anything extra upfront!)

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 91

Go to solution

I suppose BT could argue that line rental, which is included now in the price, is still £19.99 and it's the broadband etc. part that's increased. BT really need to change the name of this discount to make it clear exactly what it is.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 91

Go to solution

now there is no separate cost for line rental as included in package price it would be better scrapped as previously posted to save all this confusion

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 91

Go to solution

My BB and line rental are separate. I get an email about line rental and I pay for my broad band separately. They are two different contracts of differing lengths starting on different dates. I pay for my line rental in advance. My BB is monthly, but when it comes to price rises they lump them into the same sentence. I know it is all in the terms and conditions. I know I should realise that is what happens. It doesn't mean I should agree that it is good practice. Line rental is a farce. As discussed it should all come under the heading of broadband. 

0 Ratings