cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 91

Line rental saver

Go to solution

I paid upfront for a years line rental on the saver deal. Today I get the price rises that includes line rental to get to the price rise total. But ..... I have already paid in advance. Surely they can't now demand more money for it?

0 Ratings
90 REPLIES 90
Message 2 of 91

Re: Line rental saver

Go to solution

Line rental saver is reflected by applying a recurring £19.99 credit, that credit will still be applied after the price change.
The price of your broadband bundle will increase from April 1st, along with any other services subject to change.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 91

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. Whilst I understand what you are saying and now I have read the 300 or so pates of terms and conditions I realise I have no leg to stand on I do think that when you are paying for something up front rather than monthly, that the insinuation is that the total amount has been paid until the end of the contract, i.e. 12 months. You wouldn't put petrol in you car and then after thirty miles expect to have to pay more for the petrol because the price had gone up. This is the ONLY time I have ever come across such an anomaly. You pay in full for something and then at a later date you are told you have to pay more.it is underhand and not acceptable. It creates poor customer satisfaction. If that is the way BT wishes to conduct its business then it should be in bold print and not hidden in the terms and conditions and never ever mentioned when you pay in advance. I paid on the phone so there was ample opportunity for BT to mention it! 

Thanks for replying 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 91

Go to solution

But you've paid a set amount up front to get a set amount taking off your bill, why do you think you're paying more? The line rental saver price hasn't paid so you're still getting what you're paying for over the year

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 91

Go to solution

I am paying more because I paid up front for a years contract and then midway through that contract they raise the charges. It makes it look as though they are raising the prices on your broadband but they are also raising the prices on your line rental which you have already paid. That's why I think I am paying more, because ..... I am.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 91

Go to solution
My email from BT to renew line rental saver said:

It costs £219.84 for 12 months, which gives you a credit of £19.99 each month.

After I renewed the BT confirmation email said:

We'll give you a credit of £19.99 a month every month you've got Line Rental Saver.

Regardless of any price increase this mean I will get £19.99 off my bill each month.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 91

Go to solution

You paid £219.84 up front. That means you don't have to pay £19.99 every month for your line rental. £219.84 is equivalent to 11 months so you are getting one month free. I understand all that. That is what I did too but this week the BT prices went up and I am paying 14.4% extra on the above line rental. My beef is that I have paid £219.84 for line rental for a year. Now, two months later they are going to charge me an extra 14.4% on the line rental which they will add to my bill. That means that I am not now getting one month free as one month is more than £19.99.  they can't say you have one month free at a certain price and then promptly put the price up! Well.....they can because they have....but that is hardly  fair! If I had waited two months before renewing at the yearly rate my free month would have been worth more!

There is so much wrong with this way of doing business but ..... 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 91

Go to solution

I have absolutely no idea why BT continue to offer this so called Line Rental Saver when Line Rental no longer exists as a separate entity and is subsumed in the broadband  package.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 91

Go to solution

I can understand where you are coming from as I went over the same ground a couple of year ago.

However it is quite clear these days that BT are saying pay £219.84 upfront and you get £19.99 off your bill for the  next 12 months, this is different to saying you don't have to pay you monthly line rental for the next 12 months.

For confirmation check out page 21 of the BT Consumer Price Guide at: https://www.bt.com/assets/pdf/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

Message 10 of 91

Go to solution

I know I can't change things but it isn't necessary to wrap it all up in confusion in the hope no one notices. Cheers and thanks for replying 

0 Ratings