cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 91

Re: Line rental saver

Go to solution

@beebee  Perhaps if you attributed the post either via the @ function or quoting the post you are replying to it would make life easier.

Line rental saver is a total misnomer and I have no idea why BT persist in calling the discount that.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 91

Go to solution

Yes, so sorry, I am such an idiot not to understand anything at all. I am just a senile old 70 year old trying to get my head round the most complicated way of billing a person I have ever come across and then getting criticised for posting a reply on the wrong answer. My confusion is made worse by having two different start and finish dates for what appears to be the same contract! You know what? I will leave it there and wait patiently until death takes me to oblivion!

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 91

Go to solution

@beebee  Not sure what age has to do with anything, I'm in my seventies too.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 91

Go to solution

IMjolly.. Thank you for your input. I wonder from your indepth knowledge if you are infact a representative of BT, if so perhaps it would be better to state so. No doubt BT are covered in the depths of their terms and conditions somewhere but what is at issue here is that customers' perception when they pay an annual fee upfront is they have prepaid for a 12 month service. Surely after accepting a 12 month prepayment, it is disingenious to hike the cost in the middle of the prepayment period. It might be legally watertight but that does not make it acceptable good practice !

Message 35 of 91

Go to solution
I can't think what else to blame it on😆
Message 36 of 91

Go to solution

I don't understand how this is difficult for people to grasp, as a customer you get a line rental & bb charge (1 figure not separated) you can then choose (completely optional) to pay £219.84 upfront to get 19.99 off that figure each month. This figure (before the discount) then increases with the price increases however the same 19.99 per month is still removed, please explain to me how that is a cost being hiked throughout a period? People seem to be wanting a higher discount without paying a higher amount up front.....

Message 37 of 91

Go to solution

Its because the numpties at BT will insist on still calling it 'Line Rental Saver' rather than what it actually now is and only discount a proportion of the total cost.

Message 38 of 91

Go to solution

This is all obvious if you pay for both on the same date but my 12 month line rental package starts on a different month to my broad band package which insinuates they are separate contracts as they also run for different lengths of time. But they then charge an increase on both through the broadband package. THAT is what is so complicated to get your head around! 

Message 39 of 91

Go to solution

@ndg wrote:

IMjolly.. Thank you for your input. I wonder from your indepth knowledge if you are infact a representative of BT, if so perhaps it would be better to state so. No doubt BT are covered in the depths of their terms and conditions somewhere but what is at issue here is that customers' perception when they pay an annual fee upfront is they have prepaid for a 12 month service. Surely after accepting a 12 month prepayment, it is disingenious to hike the cost in the middle of the prepayment period. It might be legally watertight but that does not make it acceptable good practice !

All posters with the exception of the forum moderators, who are clearly identified, are like you, just BT customers who freely give their time to try and assist other customers who have a problem or issue with their BT product.

I don't think you will find anyone who will disagree that increasing the cost  mid contract is unacceptable but unfortunately Ofcom are happy with it and as such most if not all ISPs do it.

Message 40 of 91

Go to solution

I've been trying to compose a reply along the lines of this one from @garybs29  but the flood of contributions to this tortuous thread keeps moving the emphasis. I'm a gimmick-dodger so don't get involved with things like LRS but can see that it's effectively a loan to BT of 11 units for which they repay 12 similar units by deductions from bills. All the rest is puff.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.